It's Jesus' birthday and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:38 pm
I'm usually not secretive (and Slappy is not usually a cry-baby-nature-boy) so I think that this thread is an anomaly.

I've had a glass of wine.

Maybe two.

But I have not yet begun serious drinking and probably won't do that tonight.

Maybe tomorrow.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:39 pm
I love granola bars!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:41 pm
C'ome on boomer, I leave for Denver tomorrow and I hate that you still haven't found a way to offend everyone on this thread.

I happen to agree with lion tamer, but I can understand the horror of not having Barbie. How could you grow up not looking forward to having those boobs and wasp waist? How did they expect you to bring yourself up by your bra straps without the favorable standards learned from Barbie?

Oh, you poor thing. Where is child protection services when they're needed?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:42 pm
I don't think I got everything I wanted but I think I my parents gave me everything they thought I needed - that was the pinch.
my wants and needs
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:44 pm
Boomer was your stupid t-shirt a wet one?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:45 pm
Not offended.

But, I'm really wishing I was so I could figure out what this is about.

My parents were extremely generous. We didn't have a lot, but Dad always made sure Christmas happened BIG. Come to think of it, he still does.

(Thanks Boomer. Gotta call Dad now and let him know I love him.)
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:45 pm
When do we find out why Boomer wanted to offend us all, anyway?

Is it something to do with that hideous left-wing conspiracy, the War On Christmas?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:47 pm
Come on Boomer - get to the point. I want to take a bath and go to bed.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:49 pm
Squinney wrote:
But, I'm really wishing I was so I could figure out what this is about.

Get in line, squinney.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:51 pm
Is this thread supposed to offend me? If so, then I'm not. If not, then I am. So there.

Bastards.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:52 pm
Bastard people.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:53 pm
I'm not falling for that "You can get in front of me in line" thing again, Gus.

You and your doggone pitchfork handle...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:01 pm
Okay -- here's the deal:

I posted this EXACT same post on another site and it was flagged and deleted as being offensive.

I posted it because there were several people on there fretting, okay... angsting (is that a word?) becuse their kids Christmas was going to be ruined because they couldn't afford to buy them all of the things they thought their kids should have.

One kid -- it was their "first" Christmas. They could have been, like, a month old or something. The parents thought that the kid was going to grow up to hate them because they couldn't buy a.... whatever.

Other posts -- "If I don't get my kid a $100 gameboy toy then they will call social services" ... or.... "I can't work because I don't have a car so my kids are going to be deprived of a Christmas...."

I'm a pretty generous person. I lead a pretty simple life. I have the resources to give stuff away and I like to give stuff away but this kind of nonsense makes me insane.

I can't see my way to giving people a bunch of stuff just so their kids won't hate them. What kind of terrible parents must they be to worry about this stuff?

It makes me absolutely bat-**** crazy.

I guess I'm just pissed that my post gets flagged and deleted as "offensive" when I am so offended by these people who think a frikken toy will make their kids love them.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:05 pm
This idea of giving kids whatever they want and parental guilt was a topic on Dr. Phil today ( I have way too much time on my hands in winter). You can probably see his answers to this dilemma on his site.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:06 pm
You go girl! Did you write a PM to the moderators at that sight and tell them what a bunch of f*cking idiots they are? You should.

Bastard moderators.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:07 pm
serves ya right for going to another site

haven't you been warned about that?

harrumph

~~~~~~~

the best Christmas present ever?

a box of staples

really

~~~~~~~

3 packages later I found the stapler

Very Happy

~~~~~~
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:12 pm
My parents had virtually nothing to give me. I wore worn out clothes to school, ate beans twenty five days out of thirty, was given a bath about three times a month. But, my Mom made Christmas special with what little she had. She put magic in our lives one day a year. I wouldn't change places with any rich kid in the Christmas department at all.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:13 pm
ebeth you get a stapler and now you work in an office very funny
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:18 pm
Oh, I hate that use of the word 'Christmas'. "He just isn't going to have a Christmas this year. Daddy lost his job".

Uh oh! I got myself started. While you're at it, please don't tell me to have "A Happy" or "Put on a Happy." Crap like that makes me feel like there's a malovent hampster stirring in my stomach.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:24 pm
Thanks Boomer, I was getting worried that I might never know and not sure that Dys would tell me before I got back.

Can you tell us what site you were on? that is the most stupid thing I can imagine. What in the world is offensive about worrying whether Christmas is becoming too commercial and whether children are being spoiled by idiotic, wussy parents?

Farging bastages!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:29:33