Returning to list

nextone

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 03:35 pm
When I select and read through several pages of a post is there a way to return to the list of posts without using the back button?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,118 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 03:38 pm
Hmm, it depends on which list you mean. If you mean "New posts", you can click on it up there to the left in the banner ad box.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 03:54 pm
There's a Jump to: box at the bottom of the page. You can use it to return to the same subject or move to another category...
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 03:56 pm
sozobe wrote:
Hmm, it depends on which list you mean. If you mean "New posts", you can click on it up there to the left in the banner ad box.
Thanks Sozobe. I've done this, but it puts me back at page one. Was wondering if there is a way to return to the place I'd left off to read a post.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 04:00 pm
Ah, you mean to be able to stop at page 15 of a topic on Monday and on Tuesday have the software "remember" that you've only read up to page 15 when you sign in again.

Sorry, but this isn't available, and I don't know how it could be coded.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 04:00 pm
I see, I think. Well, you mentioned backspace... the only other thing I can think of is to remember which page you are on and then select it. For example, if you have 5 pages of new posts, remember you are on page 3, go back to "New Posts", then click on p. 3 at the bottom right.

Confused There probably is a more straightfoward way to do what you have in mind.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 04:01 pm
No. It's either "new posts" or the backbutton. You just kind of have to guess how far back you have to go, and make a decision.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 04:02 pm
Oh oh are you talking about within a thread? If you click on the orange page icon before the title, that will take you to where you left off reading the thread.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 04:05 pm
Looks like this:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/templates/subSilver/images/icon_newest_reply.gif
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 04:19 pm
Thanks for your responses.
Jespah, When I'm reading a multi mighty multi pager, I use pencil and paper to remind myself where to pick up the next time.
Roger, "back button or new posts" eh? My way or the highway. Guess I'll use the "new posts" choice; it's faster than going backwards.
0 Replies