I lost my Cross

Deler

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 09:26 pm
I just realized I have no idea where the cross I wear around my neck is. I just found myself in a good mood happy about various insignificant things in the wrold when I came to a realization, I recognized that I was enjoying the wonder of beaty in the world and when I took a step back I looked at my life and realized that I had accomplished a fundamental goal in my life which i've spent some time trying to achive. A goal which I've been haveing a hard time dealing with the idea that my resolve for this ideal has come and gone, an ideal which I know will still come and go however I realized I have reached the point of success, the point at which any reasonable human couldn't expect themselves to do any better and at this point I reached for the chain on my neck and realized my cross wasn't slung from my neck, in fact it's been a few days since i've realized it's presence or been aware of its whereabouts. For the first time i've reached for this chain of commitment and not felt an obligation, a responsibility to uphold that which I chase and even though it has never been a burden I feel some lightening of my load.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,796 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 09:30 pm
Well, you no longer have a cross to bear.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 09:36 pm
damn you and interupting my editing, argh Razz

I've never felt as if i've had to bear my cross though, theres been those days that i've felt like I would much rather just leave it where it is and do whats easiest for me but never felt as if it's something which causes me increased turmoil to wear.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 09:49 pm
I'm absofarkinglutley amazed at the power of a cross, walk around with a cross in your hand or have a bible in your hand and you'd be amazed at the difference it makes in those that are around your

I found my cross btw
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:53 pm
the true cross is in your heart.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:56 pm
did you loose your faith?
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:44 am
husker wrote:
did you loose your faith?
sometimes, but i regain it.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 08:19 am
Futurist wrote:
the true cross is in your heart.

Might want to see a cardiologist about that.
0 Replies