Not losing kilograms

chini75

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 01:46 am
Hi all,
I desperately need help. I have been obese so decided to do something abt it. I weighed 83 kgs in April 2005, am a 30 year old female and am 5 ft 2 and half inches tall.
Now I weigh 76 kgs but have only started serious exercising a month ago (that is going to the gym 6 days a week). I am stuck at 76 kgs for the past one month but have lost about 5 inches around my waist and about an inch all over in a month. How can I also lose kgs? My weighing scale terrifies me. While am totally motivated and i know losing inches is also good, it would increase my motivation level to see some kg loss as well.
Can anyone offer some tips here? Am desperate.
Thanks
Chini75
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 523 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 01:57 am
You shouldn't worry so much about the weight reading if you are losing inches. It probably means that you are taking off fat and putting on muscle tissue. Muscle is 4 times denser than fat. That probably explains the static weight while decreasing in size.
0 Replies

chini75

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:13 am
Wilso wrote:
You shouldn't worry so much about the weight reading if you are losing inches. It probably means that you are taking off fat and putting on muscle tissue. Muscle is 4 times denser than fat. That probably explains the static weight while decreasing in size.

Thanks a ton for ur reply. I have reduced in volume from what my friends and family tell me. I guess that is good news since I don't look that flabby anymore.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:24 am
Chini, Wilso is exactly right. The scale can be very deceptive and cause you to be discouraged and thus cause you to fall of your diet. Alot of people actually gain weight while they begin to look and fell better and when I say look better I mean thinner. It takes a month for excise to speed up your metabolism. So while you are reading this your body is going through the changes from your new lifestyle. GOOD JOB.

Are you taking Chromium Picolinate and Green tea?

Chromium Picolinate is the cheapest proven effective wheight loss supplement on the market. It also take a month to kick in.

And remember you didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight. Weight you lose slowly is the weight you most likely keep off.
0 Replies

chini75

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:30 am
Amigo wrote:
Chini, Wilso is exactly right. The scale can be very deceptive and cause you to be discouraged and thus cause you to fall of your diet. Alot of people actually gain weight while they begin to look and fell better and when I say look better I mean thinner. It takes a month for excise to speed up your metabolism. So while you are reading this your body is going through the changes from your new lifestyle. GOOD JOB.

Are you taking Chromium Picolinate and Green tea?

Chromium Picolinate is the cheapest proven effective wheight loss supplement on the market. It also take a month to kick in.

And remember you didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight. Weight you lose slowly is the weight you most likely keep off.

Hi
I am not taking Chromium Picolinate and Green tea. I just maintain a fruit and veggie diet, drink soya milk and workout. I am not a coffee addict but drink 2 cups of tea in a day with zero calory sweetner and just a spot of milk.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:36 am
Read up on Chromium Picolinate.(If you want)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:53 am
Bite the bullet chini.Just go Vegan.You'll feel better too.Nothing off animals and cut out palm fats and down on other oils.I stuff myself to try to gain a pound or two and I drink 4 pints of beer a night.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:20 pm
I cringe every single time I hear a woman worrying about 'weight'. Sad

Focus on HEALTH. Please, please, please. You absolutely must change your lifestyle. Exercise, eat well, relax, and be prepared for doing it for the long term. Nothing else will do. I'm sure it feels great to know that pounds are being lost, but isn't the real reward being able to enjoy your body to its fullest?! Show off, have fun, play and get yourself some new clothes. You'll notice your work or lack-there-of by honestly looking and feeling your bod.

It's true that inches are a better gauge than pure poundage. Even better is to test your body-fat/ lean muscle ratio. Muscle weighs more than fat, it will keep your healthy and thin without having to live off diet foods the rest of your life.

My experience is that becoming a vegan/vegetarian does not necessarily make you healthier. It's all about balance. You can be a fat, sick vegan easily or a slim, mean machine who eats cow flesh. It's all in learning to eat real foods and listening to what your body needs versus what your mouth wants at the moment.

Good luck.
Congrats on your achievements so far! Very Happy
0 Replies