How Important is Theology...really.

queen annie

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 01:23 am
That's right, it is--'center supporting column' truth.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 09:57 am
Queen Annie,

I like the way you describe things. Center supporting column truth ~ I like that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:06 am
There is no such critter as a protestant "theology" by definition.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 01:09 pm
What exactly do you mean, dyslexia?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:06 pm
The major component of the protestant ideology is that there is no theology, each person is to read is/her bible and create a belief system/understanding of his/her own.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:37 pm
Well, I'm not sure who told you that, dys. Care to enlighten me?
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 07:43 pm
Then someone better tell a lot of people that--they subscribe and swear by 'what their church says' instead of what their heart says. I think they must be misinformed.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:47 pm
I had an alternative insight, recently--after first posting on this thread.

The word 'theology' I always interpret as 'study of God (from a distance: that being my additional nuance)'

If anyone has ever heard of 'atonement' being redefined as 'at-one-ment' in an idea of Unity with God rather than sacrificial recompense for sins--you might understand how this struck me as being along those same lines:

theological: not as pertaining to study of God
but
theo-logical!

In line with God's logic. I can hear the atheists snorting--and truly I know they can't help it--I may not be a skeptic or atheist, but I do join in the valid argument regarding the qualities of logic and reasoning that are often left out of the believer's apologetics. I figure if God gave us the ability to think, then certainly He is perfect at what we are 'pretty good' at: the thinking that has been done by humans can send a man to the moon, and figure out how to look inside bodies with x-rays, and create early warnings for natural disasters.

Our accomplishments are images of His abilities--therefore I'm changing my stance on
'How important is Theology?'

Thinking theo-logically is something that should be sought and never scorned or decreed impossible.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 10:51 pm
It's important enough to ask......
0 Replies