P E Dant

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2023 04:40 pm
@Bubbles66,
On a calendar...

You are dining with friends at their house... they have seated you next to an individual you have a poor relationship with... ask to be seated elsewhere, or grin and bear it?
P E Dant

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2023 04:41 pm
@Bubbles66,
<<<<<Bump>>>>>
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2023 01:00 pm
@P E Dant,
Ooo, I would have to just grin and bear it Shocked .......I can though do a very good scary grin. Laughing

At the checkout in the supermarket you notice the assistant has given you too much change. Do you say about it, or just sort of whistle to yourself while quietly going out of the door?
P E Dant

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2023 04:31 pm
@Bubbles66,
I say nothing... and quickly go out the door Smile

Keep a record of your weekly spending, or just pay up and forget it?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 02:11 pm
@P E Dant,
Just pay up and forget it.

Use the calendar app on your phone or have a physical paper calendar to write your appointments on?
P E Dant

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 05:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Paper calendar

Brown bread or white bread for toast?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 01:39 pm
@P E Dant,
Brown bread (usually has higher dietary fiber than white bread).

Seasonal candy: Peeps or candy canes or something else?

P E Dant

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan - Seasonal candy

Today I have learnt that candy can be seasonal... never experienced it before, and never ever thought of such a thing! My favourite candy is jelly snakes or frogs, available all-year round Smile

https://www.google.com/search?q=jelly+snakes+jelly+frogs&client=firefox-b-ab&sxsrf=AJOqlzWyn4WUaN8VjVWtjL8rE1Tiymw6TA:1675205967260&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFterE9PL8AhWFRmwGHUbTCTUQ_AUIBigB&biw=1006&bih=616

You have been invited to be a Godparent... do you take this seriously, and do a little research into what such a title entails, or just accept it and go with the flow of interaction with the child and parent/s?
Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:27 pm
@P E Dant,
That did happen to me. I didn't really take it seriously. I had an "I'll cross that bridge when I get to it . . . or not" attitude.

You notice that one of the rear tires on the car in front of you has very low air pressure. They pull into a party store. Do you follow them in and warn them about their, or just keep driving?
P E Dant

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:32 pm
@Glennn,
Warn them... hopefully, it will never happen to me, but if it did, I would hope that some kind soul would alert me to it... although, if the tire is very low, you can sometimes tell by the car's performance

A friend plays golf regularly, you don't... one day they ring and ask you to help make up a foursome because their original partner can't make it... there is $$$$$ involved! Do you go, and hope for the best, or beg off?
Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:38 pm
@P E Dant,
I would give it a try and hope for the best. That's my life!

You decide that the person in the car in front of you that turned in to a party store will surely notice the difference in performance due to a severely low tire and you drive on by, only to hear later that they crashed into something because the tire failed. Do you visit them in the hospital, or just drive on by?
P E Dant

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:52 pm
@Glennn,
I would visit them in hospital, and leave them with 2 business cards

1. Dant Tire Replacement And Fitting
2. Dant Legal

Your 'across the street' neighbour is having a very noisy late-night party... do you wander over and just mingle with the guests, help yourself to any available goodies and join the vibe, or do you ring the police ?

Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 06:03 pm
@P E Dant,
I wander over and mingle with the guests and help myself to any available goodies, of course. And when I've had my fill, I go back home and ring the police.

A relative bakes you something sweet for the holidays, but it tastes like shyt. Do you hurt their feelings, or do you keep it to yourself?
Bubbles66

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2023 08:51 am
@Glennn,
I'd would keep it to myself.

A neighbours teenager continually practises playing the trumpet, much to the annoyance of you. Would you go there and politely ask can he/she practise a bit more quieter, or do you grin and bear the noise?
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2023 04:06 pm
@Bubbles66,
Been there, done that. The kid has to practice. You have to do something about the kid. And, like the shytty tasting sweets from a family member, I keep it to myself!

Your neighbor's mail--credit card offer--winds up in your mailbox. Toss it, or drive it on over to them?
P E Dant

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2023 05:36 pm
@Glennn,
I would slip it into their mailbox

You get an unexpected day off from work... go to a movie you have been wanting to see, or catch up with paperwork/housework at home?

Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2023 06:19 pm
@P E Dant,
Every day is an expected day off work that never disappoints. I have VUDU, so I don't have to go to the theater where I could possibly contract covid. But given a choice, I would prefer anything to housework; even baling hay or picking stones.

You've let the rusty muffler on your car go for so long once that you were worried about being pulled over.
Bubbles66

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2023 08:36 am
@Glennn,
False.

When driving around you keep your window open a bit, or keep it closed.
Glennn

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2023 03:50 pm
@Bubbles66,
Keep it closed . . . unless something about a passenger caused me to want to open it some.

You drink coffee at will, or limit yourself to a couple cups in the morning?
P E Dant

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2023 05:23 pm
@Glennn,
Limit to one cup for morning tea, while I'm visiting a2k... totally totally addicted Sad

Persimmon or mango?