tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 01:15 pm
@Bubbles66,
I'm not too precious with my drinking vessels. I do have many favorite mugs. So they're are my drinking vessels of choice (be it at home or work). Besides, mugs hold more tea to drink than china cups.

Looking ahead one week: look at the weekend weather a week or 10 days in advance or make those plans and hopefully by the weekend comes around, bad weather doesn't cancel them .

P E Dant

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 05:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Make plans, take each day as it comes, adjust accordingly

When dining at an Asian restaurant/café... Use chopsticks, or knife and fork etc
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2022 09:54 am
@P E Dant,
Chopsticks, please.

You are given #10k to spend on evening wear. Which event would you attend if given the chance: the Oscars ceremony, the Met Costume Gala, Golden Globes, UNICEF Snowflake Ball, etc...?
P E Dant

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2022 04:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
'Nobel Peace Prize' Ceremony... I've been in the rooms where these ceremonies are held, but never on a presentations occasion

You get an unexpected day off... give the house a good clean, or have a day off everything?
Bubbles66

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2022 06:06 am
@P E Dant,
Give the house a good deep clean then I can relax in mind all is perfectO. Very Happy

Would you rather be a manager with all that comes with that position, or a worker who can just clock off and go home at the end of the shift?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2022 12:15 pm
@Bubbles66,
I'm not particularly good management material. So the latter.

Lobster bisque, lobster roll, boiled lobster or broiled and stuffed lobster?
Bubbles66

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2022 02:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have never tried lobster so maybe any one of those I would try given the chance.

Delivery Christmas cards yourself to your neighbours, or send them via mail?.
P E Dant

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2022 05:38 pm
@Bubbles66,
Neither; not done in this neighbourhood

Replace a leaking tap washer yourself, or get the plumber in?
Yalow

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2022 05:45 pm
@P E Dant,
The plumber, though I wish I would know how to do it myself. Maybe I could find tips on A2K?

Hiding you graying hair, choose a weird color, or keep it natural?
Bubbles66

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2022 04:53 am
@Yalow,
Keep it natural.

Keep many items you don't use just in case you might need them one day, or be strict and throw/give them away?
coluber2001

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2022 11:05 am
@Bubbles66,
I keep containers for screws and bolts and boxes of other things that I'll never use. The problem is that once you need something you can't remember where you kept it anyway.

In the United States anyway, there is the perennial question on Thanksgiving whether to have jellied cranberry sauce or whole berry cranberry sauce. So, which is it?
P E Dant

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2022 05:34 pm
@coluber2001,
Make both available, and let everybody choose Smile

Go to the greyhound races, or the trotting-horse races?
Bubbles66

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 10:09 am
@P E Dant,
I haven't been to any races like that. But given chance I would probably go trotting-horse races.

Go on a safari to see animals in their natural habitat, or go to a zoo?

coluber2001

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 10:57 am
@Bubbles66,
As nice as it is seeing snakes in a zoo, I still think seeing one in the wild is worth 100 in a zoo.

You have fed wild animals and been bitten by an over-exuberant one while feeding.

P E Dant

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 05:09 pm
@coluber2001,
I have never fed wild animals...

At a public meeting... freely express your opinion, or keep your opinions to yourself?
Bubbles66

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 07:29 am
@P E Dant,
Freely express my opinion when the chance arises.

When someone is bad mannered to you .. do you just grit your teeth and walk away, or challenge them about what they had said to you?
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 07:48 am
@coluber2001,
Quote:
I use a backpack on my daily hikes.

So you take a walk everyday. Are there other sports that you do?
coluber2001

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 09:32 am
@Yalow,
No, that's it, if that's even a sport. I'm more of a naturalist than a sportsman. How about you?
P E Dant

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 08:58 pm
@coluber2001,
Bubbles wrote: 'When someone is bad mannered to you .. do you just grit your teeth and walk away, or challenge them about what they had said to you?'

Walk away

At the supermarket... read the 'Ingredients' list on the packaging, or just pick up what you need without bothering
coluber2001

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 11:43 pm
@P E Dant,
I don't usually buy processed food, but when I do I'm afraid to read the ingredients, so I just grit teeth and buy it.

You pay cash for groceries or use a credit card?