WHY I BECAME A CAUCASIAN . . .

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:38 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Question: Could Set be a good Caucasian?
Radio Erivan: In principle yes, but what has he ever done to you?

LOL!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:43 pm
Funny how ... American those Caucasians look:

http://www.presentltd.com/rugs/images/sheikh-shamil.JPG

Wonder when they'll start shooting budget westerns in Dagestan?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:47 pm
Is Dasha aware that a central Asian nation was named after her?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:50 pm
Set and Blatham meet up for the annual study meeting of the Caucasian Society ...

http://www.unlv.edu/faculty/pwerth/Shamil.jpg

Before gathering the whole A2K gang for a healthy hike in the mountains.

http://grozny.vrcal.com/photos/new/shamil.jpg

Make no mistake - before he will grow old and grey ...

http://hronos.km.ru/img/shamil.jpg

... this Caucasian still has some tricks up his sleeve:

http://www.chukcha.ru/pic/putin/Shamil.JPG

(Ha! Putin as Shamil ...)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:54 pm
We must all gather round set and, in our best Geschpuchastan, ululate and fire our weapons to the heavens.

Or have I got that mixed up with the Bat Mitzvah.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
Is Dasha aware that a central Asian nation was named after her?

Hey! Thats Europe still ... tho admittedly they wont quite be able to pass themselves off as "Central European".

Good point tho. Dag's got a state named after her, true. Not just one nation in fact, but, like, thirty - Dagestan's got more peoples than the EU. OK, so ... more like a container for thirty conflicting identities.

Dag? That you? Volatile mix of contrasting identities?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:56 pm
Farmerman already looked Caucasian ... he was first.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:48 pm
I'm a bit worried.

I just found a pic of Set in his younger days, appears he is in some Transcaucasian process.

http://www.worldartcelebritiesjournal.com/women_4.gif

Are there support groups for people in transcaucasian states?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:43 pm
Does anyone know how the word for people from the Caucasus region of Asia got to mean "WASP"? Curious non-Americans want to know.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:51 pm
you got a disconnect their Mr Andrew, WASP is a reference to an entirely separate species known by their lack of religious theology-protestants of pale hue.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Wait... There's a white culture?

Who knew ? ! ? ! ?

Jeff Foxworthy...
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:10 pm
dyslexia wrote:
you got a disconnect their Mr Andrew, WASP is a reference to an entirely separate species known by their lack of religious theology-protestants of pale hue.

Well, then, I'll rephrase it: Why would (and did) pale-faces of European descent choose 'Caucasian' as an identifying word to describe their race? Instead of, say, Alpine or Pyrrenean? This is a semi-serious question. Where the hell did that expression come from?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:21 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I'm not uncomfy snood.

Everyone in the world is a member of at least one group that is treated differently and in an inferior way simply because of being here.

I'm a woman......

.....and a wise one, too! I find myself agreeing with you much more than disagreeing! :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:27 pm
I'm an edgarblythe, the smallest minority of them all.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:33 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:

Well, then, I'll rephrase it: Why would (and did) pale-faces of European descent choose 'Caucasian' as an identifying word to describe their race? Instead of, say, Alpine or Pyrrenean? This is a semi-serious question. Where the hell did that expression come from?

If I remember correctly, it is because Europeans descended from Caucasian groups as opposed to African (Negroid) groups. I'm sure it is more complicated than what I am stating, but that would be the basic reason.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 10:11 pm
Set looks really cool! I think his avatar has special powers or sumpin'. Mind control powers that are luring me to the dark side...um...I mean Caucausian side.
Shocked

I can't even say I am a Cauc. I'm a mutt. Embarrassed
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:37 am
Setanta wrote:
A Gubba ?

Rude term used by Australian blackfellas to refer to Australian whitefellas...(and fellaesses.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:39 am
Green Witch wrote:
If I remember correctly, it is because Europeans descended from Caucasian groups as opposed to African (Negroid) groups. I'm sure it is more complicated than what I am stating, but that would be the basic reason.

The use of the word "Caucasian" to denote the "race" of Europeans and those of European ancestry dates to the late 18th century, when German naturalist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach wrote "On the Natural Variety of Mankind" and dividing the human species into five races: Caucasian, Mongolian, Ethiopian, American, and Malay.

Blumenbach declared that Europeans were the most beautiful people in the world, and that the most beautiful Europeans were to be found in the Caucasus mountains of what is now Georgia. His racial categorizations were based on skull measurements, however, rather than skin color, a fact which seriously undermines the validity of using Caucasian as a synonym for "white." The skull that led him to his questionable epiphany had been of one woman from the Caucusus region.

Blumenbach believed that the human species had begun in the Caucusus as well.

All the 60 human craniums he looked at, are described in his "Collectionis suae Craniorum Diversarum Gentium Illustratae Decades" - a book. I saw myself.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:59 am
Blumenbach was quite mad you know. He spent most of his life seeking a really good blutwurst.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:05 am
:wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 06:25:33