WHY I BECAME A CAUCASIAN . . .

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:20 pm
I'm not uncomfy snood.

Everyone in the world is a member of at least one group that is treated differently and in an inferior way simply because of being here.

I'm a woman and have had my share of enjoying all the attitudes of both men AND women who think I should be home taking care of babies.

I'm a woman who has no babies, to some, than makes me less than a woman. I serve no purpose in life.

I fell in love with what some consider the wrong person, and dispite the fact we've been together for years, some still think he's the wrong person, just because of who he is.

I believe in God
I don't believe in God
I believe in a different God than you.

I'm not part of one group because I'm too smart.

I'm not part of another because I'm not smart enough.

I have money
I don't have money.

All of us have doors that are closed to us.

and so on....

I've always respected your comments snood, and I do have a serious question for you.....

I've know people who are 50% black and 50% white, and they call themselves black. Same thing with Asian
That's fine. Call yourself what you like.

However, I've noticied a strong tendency for these individuals who call themselves black to try to negate their white half.

I'm talking about people who have supportive family on both sides, no grandparents that disowned them or anything.

Yet, they will claim no kinship with white culture. Why is that?

I could see expressing a preference for one or the other, but it reminds me of back in the day when a person would deny having a black relative, only now it's like denying their white ones exist. I mean, if it's just for the sake of reversing what was done in the past, that's pretty dumb.

I'm sure there will be a little back and forth on this snood, just so you know, it won't be in the spirit of an arguement, but something I've wondered about.

I mean, if someone can say to the world "I'm half black", why don't they also say "I'm half white"
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:29 pm
are you sure you are a woman?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:30 pm
Ya think she's fakin' it, Boss ?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:30 pm
could be are you fakin the headgear?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:34 pm
Im fakin the fur..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:38 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

oh steve, didn't I prove that to you last night?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:39 pm
My headgear is traditional Caucasian tribal wear, Old Son, you mockin' my millenia old traditions?

http://www.eurabiantimes.com/archives/White_hamas.jpg

I'd like you to meet one of my Caucasian tribal retainers--he's my new appointments secrtary . . . you might get a visit from him late one evening . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:39 pm
I don't.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:41 pm
You don't what, Miss Wabbit?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:44 pm
Chai Tea
Chai Tea, I had a 10-year relationship with a highly educated Black man during the 1980s in the (liberal) San Francisco Bay Area. When we walked down the sidewalks, we frequently attracted attention and a few comments, some very ugly and insulting. When we attended private functions among people who knew us, it was a different story. We were just another couple.

Do you know where most of the negative comments came from? From Black women, who were furious that a Black man would be with a White woman. Their reaction was that there were not enough acceptable Black
men available for Black women.

In California, I had many mixed race marriage friends. Many were White and Asian in addition to Black and White. Those who suffered to break the color ban made way for others to marry those they loved.

BBB
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:44 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

oh steve, didn't I prove that to you last night?

you mean it wasnt a dream?? Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:56 pm
Ah, it's all coming back to you now, isn't it?

Come by later to pick up your socks.

I know how you guys are, you leave a little something behind so you have an excuse to call and say, "Did I happen to leave a tube of scrotum salve there? I could....stop by later.....to get it......hmmmm"?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:57 pm
Re: Chai Tea
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Chai Tea, I had a 10-year relationship with a highly educated Black man during the 1980s in the (liberal) San Francisco Bay Area.......

Why did you direct this to me? Confused
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:00 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Ah, it's all coming back to you now, isn't it?

Come by later to pick up your socks.

I know how you guys are, you leave a little something behind so you have an excuse to call and say, "Did I happen to leave a tube of scrotum salve there? I could....stop by later.....to get it......hmmmm"?

clearly you do

Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:03 pm
Setanta wrote:
You don't what, Miss Wabbit?

Oh dear.

That post was supposed to follow this:

shewolfnm wrote:
Im fakin the fur..

I'm not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:04 pm
Why bless yer furry little bottom, Miss Coney . . . i'll tell ya what, i'll suggest to the tribal elders that we make you an honorary Caucasian . . .
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:05 pm
People always make fun of my native indian heritage,
once they hear my accent http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/blushing.gif
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:37 pm
Re: Chai Tea
Chai Tea wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Chai Tea, I had a 10-year relationship with a highly educated Black man during the 1980s in the (liberal) San Francisco Bay Area.......

Why did you direct this to me? Confused

I was responding to your very thoughtful post re relations between the races.

BBB
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:55 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Yet, they will claim no kinship with white culture. Why is that?

Wait... There's a white culture?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 05:05 pm
DrewDad wrote:

Wait... There's a white culture?

Who knew ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 06:23:07