My Back is Wrecked but My TV is Fabulous!

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:17 am
This weekend, my hubby and I went out and got our Christmas present. A lovely 34" widescreen HD Tv. Since it's only us at home, I was the only one there to help him carry it in. Yikes....I am so sore all I will be able to do is lay there to watch this wonderful new tv.

Soon, we will have our local channels in HD (NBC, ABC, CBS) but have to wait til Saturday for the DirecTv guys to come and install a new dish.

I can't believe the difference! You don't realize how crappy tv is until you see it in hi-def. Sports are unreal. Movies have this great color. I love it.

I just had to tell you. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,217 • Replies: 8
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:21 am
$$$$$$ ummmm need lots of it!!!

Oh and on the sore part?? these things happen as you get older, better get used to it! LOL
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:22 am
ps - Laughing I suppose you are knowing Bella means beautiful in some language? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:28 am
husker wrote:
$$$$$$ ummmm need lots of it!!!

Nah....we got a great deal on this tv. Probably paid the same for this as we would have for a regular one. Maybe a little more....but not much. We paid under $1000 for it. Quite a bit under. Very Happy

And it's only $10 more month for the hd channels. It really isn't as expensive as I thought. I mean, some HD tvs are expensive. We saw one for $10,000!!!!! Shocked It was gigantic but still......$10K?
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:44 am
Totally, there are lots of great HDTV options out there now. I didn't realize the difference until I started watching my friends' tvs - like you said sports are amazing, when you flip back to normal it's like "Is this ESPN B-reel from the 80s?!"!

Not in the cards for me right now but my next TV will definitely have it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:46 am
Right now we are missing a lot of the channels because (grrrrr....) we are waiting on Directv to bring us the new dish but I think that it was a good investment. And like I said, it wasn't much more expensive than a normal tv.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:48 am
Hi-Definition is great. I had it at my last apartment.

Now you can get a clearer view of the player's ass. I mean, that's the only reason women pretend to be interested in sports.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:49 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Hi-Definition is great. I had it at my last apartment.

Now you can get a clearer view of the player's ass. I mean, that's the only reason women pretend to be interested in sports.

Duh.
Like any of us pretend other wise?
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 12:10 pm
Steer clear of Hitachi!! This article made me chuckle...

http://www.dallasblog.com/sandra-lewis-food/2005/11/29/next-time-it-wont-be-hitachi-by-sandra-lewis.html
0 Replies