[resolved]Acrobat IE Helper/ Application Error

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:02 pm
All day today, when I click off A2K, I get the following grey box on my computer. It is one of those that has a red circle with an "X" on it. It also makes a noise that scares the hell out of me.

At the top it says:

Quote:
Acrobat IE Helper Application Error

Beneath that it says:

Quote:
The instruction at"0x016cc987" referenced memory at "0x016cc87". The memory could not be read.

Click on "OK" to terminate program.

I click OK, and there are no more problems...............until the next time that I try to turn off A2K.

At first I thought that it was a problem with my computer. So I went onto all sorts of web sites, and clicked off. I only get that message when leaving A2K. Anybody know why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,664 • Replies: 4
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:54 pm
Gonna guess its an Acrobat Reader glitch - I'd recommend you make sure any instances of AcroReader are closed, uninstall it, then download and install the current version (v7.0.5, I think). When you're going through the install routine, it seems to me, if I recall correctly, there's an option to keep it, or at least its component "acrohlpr" or "acrord32" or something like that, from loading at startup. And don't let it add its toolbar to your browser.

Pain in the patoot, but relatively unavoidable.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:58 pm
Timber, thanks. I kinda figured that, but it is peculiar that it only happens when I close A2K.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 12:19 am
Perhaps toolbar(s) related?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 11:40 am
Guys, this is really strange. I had been closing down A2K by clicking on the "X" on the upper right hand corner, when I got the error message. I wanted to see what would happen if I closed the program via the taskbar. I had no problem. I did that the rest of yesterday, and this morning.

I then wanted to see what would happen if I closed it down by hitting on the "X". I then put my fingers in my ears, and waited. No grey box with the nasty message. I did it a few times. Nothing.

BTW, yesterday, when I was embroiled in this problem, I shut the computer down and rebooted to see if that would fix the problem, and it didn't.

I don't know what caused the problem, and what caused the problem to go away. In the immortal words of Dear Abby, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!
0 Replies