All topics by someone. or: Suggestions board

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:05 pm
Could there be a feature that goes to someone's profile and gives latest 10/ 25/ 50/ responses of person?

Or could there be a board for suggestions such as these?

I tend to be drowned a bit, as 'New Topics' in the menu are often 600-1000 and 'Featured Topics' don't really tell what's on - they can be a month old or appear to be a chat between a few people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,058 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:42 pm
In the profiles there lready is a link with all the responses by a certain member. It shows the newest ones first.

I plan to create another feature to search for topics started by each member.

And suggestion are always welcome. I'd have a better chance of seeing it if it were posted to the Forum Help board.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:47 pm
Re: All topics by someone. or: Suggestions board
ArtUnbound wrote:
Could there be a feature that goes to someone's profile and gives latest 10/ 25/ 50/ responses of person?

If you go to a member's "Profile" and click on "Find All Posts By Member, the posts are listed in order from the latest post on back through that user's posting history. You can see the date and time of the post, which forum and topic it was in, and the first few lines of the post. Hope that helps.

You might want to check out the A2K FAQ page ... lots of tips and pointers. You can click on the link to it down at the bottom of all of my posts. The Announcement pages on each forum also have lots of info. Feel free to PM me or any other Moderator if you have a question not addressed or if something is unclear ... we want to help you get the most out of the website. Enjoy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:52 am
Oh my God! Artunbound lives!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 11:07 am
Artunbound! Hurray! Twelve posts? You need to catch up!

I am wondering, have you have seen on your own profile page where you can increase the number of posts per page? This selection, whatever you choose, has to be made each time you visit your profile, as it reverts to the default, which is small. I have found that 50 posts per page works well for me, but putting 100 or more on there will make it easier to read and search.

It is hard to keep up with the sheer number of posts on some threads, I know. Meanwhile, welcome to a2k. You finally showed up!
0 Replies

ArtUnbound

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:58 am
Oh golly... I overlooked that link!
BTW, the basics are rather similar to other boards I've seen, like YaBB.

Hi there, Swimpy! And thanks for the welcome, Piffka! Err... did we meet on Abuzz? (Well, I'd better check your profile before asking).

And yes, I'll catch up a lil - takes me some time to get acclimatized.
Looks like a great place here Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:33 pm
Art,

the forum software you chose to reference is very relevant.

Yabb stands for "yet another buletin board".

Most of these buletin boards have the same features and to the average net users they are all the same.

They aren't, of course, but the average user just sees a pattern wherin the layout and main features are the same and puts 2 and 4 together.
0 Replies