why are some forum topics bumping me off internet? Is is me?

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:46 pm
I'm am experiencing an unusual phenomenon today. Each time I browse, whether logged in, or not, on a certain forum topic, I've been knocked off the internet completely.
This has me concerned and frustrated. I sure hope it's a problem with the site and not with me! This seems to happen only in the Trivia and Puzzles Forum.

If the problem is with A2K, I'm sure you'll fix it, but if it's mine, what should I do?

thanks,
carlotta
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 530 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:28 am
Wow ... just noticed this. Bummer nobody else has responded ... thats not real typical, but its what happened here.

I dunno for sure, but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to think there was a problem at the A2K end ... and it doesn't appear anyone else has reported similar problems. I wish I had a better answer for you, but I strongly suspect the problem, whatever it is or might have been, is most likely specific to your machine. I won't hazard a guess as to the problem's source or solution with the information at hand, but as I said, I wish I had a better answer, I don't think it has anything to do with A2K.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 08:19 am
It's probably not A2K, since we have not received similar complaints from anyone else. Instead, what I suspect is that Log me on automatically each visit is not being selected. Is it?

At the sign-in screen ( http://www.able2know.com/forums/login.php ), be sure to check Log me on automatically each visit. Also, be sure that cookies are enabled. This will assure that your log-in will remain until you log out. Otherwise, log-ins expire after a few minutes.

Hope this helps. If not, please send a ticket to the Help Desk (click "Contact Us" at the bottom of every page).
0 Replies

carlotta

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 11:56 am
thanks for input timberlandko and jespah,

the problem is still occurring. Microsoft Internet Explorer tells me that the problem is with me (or them).

I am going to follow their instructions and see if I can fix it, but, the oddest thing about the whole problem is the fact that (right now, at least) only one forum topic in one forum site is bumping me, and even then it is only when I chose 'previous' or 'next' in the topic. I was logged into "Trivia: ACRONYMS" when it bumped me this morning.

I appreciate your help and I'll let you know if the problem won't go away.

carlotta
0 Replies