Jesus is the light of the world!

PetriFB

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 02:09 am
EDIT (Moderator): Link Removed

- (Matt 27:50-51) and when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.

When we consider the meaning of the death and resurrection of Jesus, one interesting confirmation of this matter comes from the old Jewish sources. These sources tell of how something "special" had taken place 40 years before the destruction of the temple (the destruction of the temple was in 70 A.D.), in other words in 30 A.D. , which is commonly regarded as the year of Jesus' death.

An example is the Mishna Sanhedrin and Avoda Zara tell of how 40 years before the destruction of the temple something "shocking" had taken place, when suddenly "the offerings have lost their power and the doors of the Most Holy have opened themselves". These marks indicate that something supernatural had taken place in the temple just at the same time when Jesus died.

In the same way, from the Talmud (Yoma 39: b) we can find a reference to the very same matter. There we can find a reference to how 40 years before the destruction of the temple (so in the year 30) the ram stopped being supernatural, because the woolen yarn, which generally changed into white - as the mark of forgiveness - no longer changed. In the same way it is mentioned that "the doors of the Most Holy have opened themselves":

"Forty years before the holy temple was destroyed, the next things took place: in the Day of Atonement the ram stopped being supernatural; the red woolen yarn, which generally changes into white, continued to be red and did not change; and the candle of the candelabra on the west side of the sanctuary did not burn and the doors of the holy temple opened themselves."

What these special marks then mean, is that Jesus brought the new covenant and was himself the offering for us. For when he went to the heavenly Most Holy and before God's face for us, earthly models were not needed any more. They lost their meaning after His death and resurrection:

- (Hebrews 9:24) For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,373 • Replies: 23
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 05:55 am
click off
click on
click off
click on
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:48 am
I don't get these threads. What the hell is this doing for anyone? No one who "needs" to read this post will read it. If I wanted to read the bible, guess what? I would.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:53 am
Well if He is shining a light on the world, I'd say with all the mortal crap that's going down, it sure isn't getting thu to many people
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:02 am
Jesus has left the building, and has been gone for over 2000 years. I think he changed his mind about coming back to save this war mongering, money grubbing, Hummer driving, gun obssessed, bigoted civilization.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:08 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I don't get these threads. What the hell is this doing for anyone? No one who "needs" to read this post will read it. If I wanted to read the bible, guess what? I would.

Advertising dear, advertising. Some people think that if something is shouted at you long enough, you will begin to believe it. It is known as "The Big Lie"

Quote:
The phrase Big Lie refers to a propaganda technique which originated with Adolf Hitler's 1925 autobiography Mein Kampf. In that book Hitler wrote that people came to believe that Germany lost World War I in the field due to a propaganda technique used by Jews who were influential in the German press. This technique, he believed, consisted of telling a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe anyone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously". The first documented use of the phrase "big lie" is in the corresponding passage: "in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility".ยน

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:09 am
I give the proselytizers "A" for persistence despite the fact IMO they are trying to sell a lump of coal.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:10 am
jesus causes brown outs.
someone needs to teach him about conserving electricity..

or send him some energy saving bulbs..
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:10 am
Jesus then has more marbles than Bush, Blair & all their acolytes running in their wake
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:13 am
oldandknew
You are comparing a myth to a Moron. The myth wins hands down.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:17 am
Well the Myth does move in mysterious ways, His wonders too perform.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:22 am
I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as i got my plastic Jesus . . .
0 Replies

PetriFB

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:25 am
Some day He will come as He promised... amen ....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:27 am
Is that anything like, "Someday, My Prince Will Come"???? Laughing

I believe that those words were from another fairy tale, "Snow White"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:32 am
Jesus left Chicago
And he's bound for New Orleans
Oh yeah, Jesus left Chicago
And he's bound for New Orleans
He'll be stoppin' in St. Louis
And all points in between . . .
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:34 am
Snow White ? didn't she have a cocaine franchise in Once Upon A Tyme Land. Caused stunted growth in a numbr of men.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:36 am
Jesus Gettin' Down

And for Set...

I don't care if it's dark or scary
Long as I have magnetic Mary
Ridin' on the dashboard of my car
I feel I'm protected amply
I've got the whole damn Holy Family
Riding on the dashboard of my car
0 Replies

PetriFB

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:22 am
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:26 am
Sadly, at my age, scoffing is easy, but the consumation of lust, however devoutly desired, is not so easy . . .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:30 am
Setanta
Ain't that the truth.
0 Replies