• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 855 • Replies: 6
No top replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:37 am
Hanna121 wrote:

...this oath is printed on the human soul even before it enters the fetus in the fifth month of pregnancy.

Interesting, I had not heard of this before. Does the concept of the soul entering the fetus in the fifth month of pregnancy occur in all Abrahamic religions?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 09:30 am
The book of Genesis reveals that, rather than having souls, we are souls. In fact, even animals are souls.

"And God went on to say: "Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind." " (Genesis 1:24)

So, the idea that the soul is a thing which enters or leaves the body is spurious.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 07:18 pm
Assuming a soul exists at all....which I don't.
0 Replies

Hanna121

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:27 am
JB, Im pretty sure that according to Christianity and to Judaism this is the case. However, we believe that that these books have been changed over time so i'm not too sure what ppl believe nowadays. The Quran, the Bible aswell as the Torah give the same msg to mankind....so in that sense yes the concept of the soul entering the fetus in the fifth month of pregnancy did initially occur in all Abrahamic religions.

Souls do exist...when we die it's our souls that travel not our physical body. God doesn't judge ppl by the way they look, but rather He judges their heart and whats inside. Ur soul is ur character and the person u are.

God describes in a Surah in the Holy Quran when the souls leaves the body during death. This process is inevitable, every living creature will will go thru it.

God says in the Holy Quran:

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. By the (angels) who tear out (the souls of the wicked) with violence;

2. By those who gently draw out (the souls of the blessed);

3. And by those who glide along (on errands of mercy),

4. Then press forward as in a race,

5. Then arrange to do (the Commands of their Lord),

6. One Day everything that can be in commotion will be in violent commotion,

7. Followed by oft-repeated (commotions):

8. Hearts that Day will be in agitation;

9. Cast down will be (their owners') eyes.

10. They say (now): "What! shall we indeed be returned to (our) former state?

11. "What! - when we shall have become rotten bones?"

12. They say: "It would, in that case, be a return with loss!"

13. But verily, it will be but a single (Compelling) Cry,

14. When, behold, they will be in the (full) awakening (to Judgment).

15. Has the story of Moses reached thee?

16. Behold, thy Lord did call to him in the sacred valley of Tuwa:-

17. "Go thou to Pharaoh for he has indeed transgressed all bounds:

18. "And say to him, 'Wouldst thou that thou shouldst be purified (from sin)?-

19. "'And that I guide thee to thy Lord, so thou shouldst fear Him?'"

20. Then did (Moses) show him the Great Sign.

21. But (Pharaoh) rejected it and disobeyed (guidance);

22. Further, he turned his back, striving hard (against Allah..

23. Then he collected (his men) and made a proclamation,

24. Saying, "I am your Lord, Most High".

25. But Allah did punish him, (and made an) example of him, - in the Hereafter, as in this life.

26. Verily in this is an instructive warning for whosoever feareth ((Allah)).

27. What! Are ye the more difficult to create or the heaven (above)? ((Allah)) hath constructed it:

28. On high hath He raised its canopy, and He hath given it order and perfection.

29. Its night doth He endow with darkness, and its splendour doth He bring out (with light).

30. And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse);

31. He draweth out therefrom its moisture and its pasture;

32. And the mountains hath He firmly fixed;-

33. For use and convenience to you and your cattle.

34. Therefore, when there comes the great, overwhelming (Event),-

35. The Day when man shall remember (all) that he strove for,

36. And Hell-Fire shall be placed in full view for (all) to see,-

37. Then, for such as had transgressed all bounds,

38. And had preferred the life of this world,

39. The Abode will be Hell-Fire;

40. And for such as had entertained the fear of standing before their Lord's (tribunal) and had restrained (their) soul from lower desires,

41. Their abode will be the Garden.

42. They ask thee about the Hour,-'When will be its appointed time?

43. Wherein art thou (concerned) with the declaration thereof?

44. With thy Lord in the Limit fixed therefor.

45. Thou art but a Warner for such as fear it.

46. The Day they see it, (It will be) as if they had tarried but a single evening, or (at most till) the following morn!
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 12:45 pm
I do wonder what kind of a God comes and says, "I am your Lord, Most High." If He is great, He would have no use for emphasizing that.

I do wonder why God would create us for the express purpose of worshipping Him, because then the act of worshipping Him loses all meaning. Now if I worship and praise God for the good He did for me or if I praise God by doing good in the world, that's worship and none other because any other worship, God would have no use for it.

And if something is the word of God, it would show us Truth, the way to be like God, the right way to live, or in essence it would bring us The Kingdom of God that Jesus Christ talked about. Example:

"Blessed are the poor - in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

"Blessed are the peacemakers, they shall be called sons of God."

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

"Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again. And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them."

""He who has two coats, let him share with him who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise." ......"Collect no more than is appointed you." ...... "Rob no one by violence or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.""

" "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." And once more he bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the eldest, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus looked up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and do not sin again.""

"Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find it; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

~ Jesus Christ

"'The stone that the builders despised turned out to be the most important of all.' Salvation is to be found through him alone."
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 02:55 am
All words and theorizing about a spiritual world. Nothing concrete.
0 Replies