Teenage boys,why?

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:16 pm
Setanta wrote:
What about spittin' CL?

How did you give that up . . . or do you still spit? Maybe sneaking out back when the old man ain't lookin' . . .

Sadly when I am hanging out with the boys... I do spit once in a while.. but only when we are seeing who can spit the farthest and I always lose... alot of the girls I know spit too, just not in public....
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:29 pm
Realizing now how wrong that sounded... I need to get my mind out of the gutter
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:57 pm
roflmao
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:24 pm
I think smoking looks as cool as herpes....HERPES ON YOUR FOREHEAD!

I've always thought it looked pretty nasty, and most of the "cool kids" I went to high school with didn't smoke.

And when I see a chick smoking, her attractiveness on a 1-10 scale automatically drops at least 2 points. Unless she's retarded hot...then she's hot no matter what she's doing.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:50 pm
Why is it just guys? Girls have fool notions too! Why do they think they have to starve themselves to be beautiful?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:55 pm
They don't HAVE to starve themselves. Some of the clever ones are smart enough to throw up after meals, or at least develop a healthy coke habit.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:15 pm
material girl wrote:
Surely being quite healthy is cooler than apparently looking cool when smoking.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:15 pm
In the final analysis, teenage boys smoke because they are teenage boys.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:18 pm
Gargamel wrote:
It's just cool looking. Everyone knows that.

So why is it "cool"? What is it about sticking a bunch of lit tobacco between one's lips that makes one stand out in a crowd?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:19 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
see those two spoons, region? you approach my cake and your eyes will be pulled out i swear!!!

Careful, RP. She knows how to box!
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:21 pm
Smokers think smoking is cool and non-smokers smoking is not cool. That's all there is to it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:21 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
I agree with smoking looking cool...

Again, please explain to a dumbass adult why this is "cool"?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:24 pm
CrazyDiamond wrote:
Smokers think smoking is cool...

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but could you explain what "it" is that makes it so?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:35 pm
Because there is a sexiness to it, not only from movie images of yore, but from how one can feel while smoking... having a certain control, a certain savoir faire.

I smoked to be cool and because I liked it. I quit decades ago, but I remember the pleasure of the grace of it (sorry, I know you're cringing, Reyn) but I liked the physicality of the smoke, and the accompanying joy of the accoutrements, the great lighter, and so on.

I still liked smoking when I quit, quit since I can read data.

I agree with you now, can't see any glamour except in yesteryear vision... oh, Yves Montand, for example. Steve McQueen. (Yes, I know they're dead, but we all do that.)

Here in northern CA I hardly ever see anyone smoke cigs (we like our air here in redwood country)... the guys who work construction mostly, in my associations. I'm out of it so I don't see anyone smoke pot either, though a number of miles south of my town is a major growing area.

I'm not righteous regarding either kind of smokes, I get the pleasure and support associated with it. Wish friends who still smoke cigs would quit already though but that is their business.

On the other hand, I can still feel annoyance re those who do go off on how disgusting smoking is.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:46 pm
Reyn wrote:
CrazyDiamond wrote:
Smokers think smoking is cool...

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but could you explain what "it" is that makes it so?

He may only be able to answer that if he's a smoker, Reyn. The point being that the smokers think they're cool, for whatever the reason ... right or wrong.

But think back to the days of your youth. What did the cool guys in the movies do? Think of Bogart, Brando, James Dean, and ... um, and those other cool people who were in movies before I was born. Smoking cigarettes was considered cool, and has for decades.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:51 pm
Quote:
Originally posted by Reyn

Quote:
Again, please explain to a dumbass adult why this is "cool"?

Quote:
So why is it "cool"? What is it about sticking a bunch of lit tobacco between one's lips that makes one stand out in a crowd?

My above theory states that only smokers (and some others) think smoking is cool, so as a non-smoker I really wouldn't able to tell you.

Now, just to let you know, in case you already didn't, no one is going to be answering your question of 'why is smoking cool?' because there's no real answer. Some people think it's cool and some people don't; you obviously don't and most smokers accept that, please try to accept them, and their opinion, as smokers who think it is cool, if you can. Thanks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:53 pm
It worked because it did make at least some of us feel cool, re the sense of control of immediate space and time. I have no idea if people who smoke now feel that.

I also have, to my surprise and despite my post describing that I thought of smoking as sometimes sexy, no urge to go back to it. I've read that people have the urge to go back for many years, but speaking for myself only, that seems an exaggeration.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:55 pm
Sexy might not be the word I'm after... sensuous might be.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:00 pm
I'm one of those folks that find smoking gross. I associate it with my Aunt Mae, with whom I sometimes stayed with as a child. Her house stunk, her teeth were yellow, she had skin like crumpled tissue paper and she wheezed and coughed like a cat with a hair ball. I was amazed to find out she was only 12 years older than my mother (I thought she had to be ancient). I have no memory of her without a cigarette in her hand. I guess I should thank her for keeping me away from a bad habit. She also died a sad, painful death from various illnesses related to her addiction.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:01 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
But think back to the days of your youth. What did the cool guys in the movies do? Think of Bogart, Brando, James Dean, and ... um, and those other cool people who were in movies before I was born. Smoking cigarettes was considered cool, and has for decades.

I agree that images like that generated by various media perpetuate this idea of "coolness". I think it's a shame and wish the the power of media were put to more good use.

It's too bad that those who take up the habit don't see the eventual outcome down the road.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Teenage boys,why?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/01/2024 at 12:59:39