Accreditation! More info please

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:21 pm
Hello everyone;

I'm a university student and the talk about ACCREDIATION is always going on. What is accreditation by definition? what does it do for the university? and HOW DOES A UNIVERSITY GET ACCREDITED? very important questions and im looking for answers, and if any of you has a weblink or a document or any reference that would help me more I would be also grateful.

Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 770 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:27 pm
http://www.back2college.com/library/accreditfaq.htm

Quote:
What Is College Accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary, independent review of educational programs to determine that the education provided is of uniform and sound quality. Being awarded accreditation ensures that an institution has been evaluated and that it met set standards of quality determined by the accrediting organization granting the accreditation. A college or university's accreditation is maintained by continued adherence to the set criteria.

The link goes on to describe other benefits of accreditation, and lists the various accreditation associations.
0 Replies