• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 428 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:02 am
He's not the only one. Dummies have become quite popular
in areas where carpool lanes are in high demand. By now,
they perfected the dummies to look quite authentic though.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:20 pm
Yeah, Kevin Morgan didn't invent that particular ruse. BTW, in some localities cops use a similar gimmick themselves. In Columbia, SC, there used to be city police cruiser parked near the State Capitol building with two dummies, dressed in police uniforms inside. (Perhaps I shouldn't use the past tense, but I haven't been down that way in a couple of years so don't know if the cruiser is still there.) The idea was that, spotting the parked and occupied cruiser, drivers woul automatically slow down. Didn't work very well for local drivers after the first time, of course.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 08:00 pm
i guess it's just a modernized version of using a scarecrow ... and the birds usually figure out pretty quickly that they have nothing to worry about, sometimes i've seen them sitting right on the scarecrow. hbg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:00 pm
Ha! I thought the title to this thread was along the lines of "It's the economy, Stupid!" "Carpool, dummy!" Like, stop complaining about the price of gas and carpool.

Sigh.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 01:50 am
littlek wrote:
Ha! I thought the title to this thread was along the lines of "It's the economy, Stupid!" "Carpool, dummy!" Like, stop complaining about the price of gas and carpool.

Sigh.

Mods, 'k's' out to lunch again...... Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:55 am
Conspicuously, there is a comma absent in Reyn's original post, which, if present, would, indeed, have changed the thrust of the post. "Carpool, dummy!" Catchy. I like it, littleK.
0 Replies