A2K slowness

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 04:45 pm
Has anyone else had trouble accessing A2K? It takes forever to appear, including my replies to various posts. I haven't had any problem with any other site, so I wonder if A2K is having technical difficulties.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 858 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:10 am
MOLASSIS ON THE KEYBOARD.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:16 am
Since Craven moved A2K to the new servers, the site is faster, in general. However, there ARE times that I have hit some slow spots.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:09 am
Ditto, but now I can count them on one hand. In general, it's been marvelous.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:11 am
Seems much quicker than it was a few fortnights back....may have been the packing in preparation for the move...
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:40 am
I still miss the corrections buttons. I was planning in my old age to settle back and correct all my spelling and grammar mistakes. Now I stuck between a wok and a cold fire.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:45 am
BBB
Since Craven rented a moving van and moved A2K to a new server :wink: access speed has improved, double and triple posting seems to have lessened, moving around in A2K is faster.

Now if we could get the editing button back, it would be almost perfect.

BBB

p.s. Thanks Craven.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:48 am
BBB
I just noticed the edit button IS BACK!

HOORAY!

BBB Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:54 am
Question Not for older posts it's not. Only for current ones in which nobody has replied to yet.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:02 am
Reyn
Reyn wrote:
Question Not for older posts it's not. Only for current ones in which nobody has replied to yet.

You are right. Bummer!

BBB Embarrassed
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:08 am
Well it has advantages (the edit thing I mean) not being here...several times people would amend their posts afterwards when called on about a particular statement...I saw this and I have only been around a brief time. This became (for me) a bit bothersome and some posts lacked clarity because of responses made (without using the quote feature, which would have preserved the original words) which were at times seemingly in no way related to what the earlier post had been about. That said, I do miss the ability to edit when I have errors in spelling which seem to be glaring at me.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:17 am
i've never edited my posts in a revisionist manner, as far as i can remember, but occasionally i like to rephrase something, or add a point that occured to me after i've posted. if all else fails, i suppose i can just post the same thing twice, with corrections, and ask readers to ignore the first post.
0 Replies