Joe (and he's off!) Nation

farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 07:37 pm
So Joe, youve gotta look like Karen Carpenter by now.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 09:43 pm
Yes, but can he sing?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 09:46 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Why didn't you just dump a load in your pants, Joe?

Gus(wondering why Joe didn't crap his pants)Ratzenhofer

Because he isn't you, Gus.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:41 am
Ah, now I get it. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 06:30 am
http://www.nyc-architecture.com/UWS/uws1.jpgThere are other considerations:

1) Even if the mission is to relieve oneself of the second cup of coffee, when I arrive at the Park it's still well before dawn and, though the roadway is fairly well lit, stepping off onto the paths puts you in pitchy darkness, but not necessarily solitude. Don't tell my wife but early on last fall I thought I was completely alone as I quickly watered the side of a big tree, but the sound of a shuffling step and the snap of a twig down the path told me I was not and that the maker of the sounds was bigger than a squirrel. I stood very still behind the tree as two figures walked past me hauling a couple of knapsacks. They did not appear to be the local Scoutmasters and I haven't been back to that tree again.

2) Then there is the suppose everyone did it view. Central Park is big but attracts 25,000,000 visitors a year. Twenty five million times a half cup and those lakes you see in the photo wouldn't be the only lakes you would have in the park and there would be considerably less grass.

And finally, there are those friendly guys and gals down at the Precinct who seem (thankfully) to be everywhere in the early mornings. Whether in cruisers, (full-sized autos), or the speedy little motorcarts marked NYPD, they are more than happy to write out a $186.00 ticket to anyone caught mis-using the foliage.

Persons receiving such can be banned from participating in any New York Road Runners events and yes, the arrests are sometimes published in the local media. With my luck it would be a slow news day and I'd make the cover of the Daily News

Joe("Runner Turns Out to Be a Whiz.")Nation Embarrassed
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:18 am
Run, Joe, run!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:21 am
farmerman wrote:
So Joe, youve gotta look like Karen Carpenter by now.

Still floating at about 200 pounds, but my fat percentage is near 15% which is supposed to really good for a short 59 year old white guy.

Joe(my size 36 jeans now need a belt to hold them up.)Nation
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 10:36 am
My, my.

A good prose style, lots of charm and a BMI to die for!

What a man.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 12:32 pm
....and that's an absolute gorgeous picture of Manhattan and Central Park.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:42 pm
I might not recognize you. Shocked
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:54 pm
Actually I weigh about what I did when I escaped er, left Tulsa. It was ten years of eating deli sandwichs and late night dinners and mucho mucho margaritas and martinis that had me tipping the scales at 251 in extra large elastic banded sweat pants.

I'm still wearing a bit of a belly, that is going via the ab machine at NYSportsClub and I've started relearning all the yoga I once did back in the hippie-dippie days

I have a huge stack of XL tee-shirts and shorts that are going to Goodwill.
My new suit that I bought last October has had to be altered once already, I put it on a couple of days ago, it hangs on me like a drape.

Joe(my hair is shorter and, since living here, my skin is thicker.)Nation
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 09:30 pm
Go Joe!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:30:43