INDIA: Returning to my roots after 10 years......

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:24 am
HI
I am just about to leave for my ancestral city in India. Its Diwali time over there. I am just so excited....

Last time, it was 10 years back....ha, i can't recall much. I want to see how my mom's place of birth has changed all over these years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,399 • Replies: 85
No top replies

pieman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:01 pm
Hello Prince. I hope you enjoy your visit. Can you tell us about the city?
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 05:51 am
Thanks Pieman.
But know what, I am stuck in New Delhi. I thought when i would reach my hometown, i'd have a blast with my cousins on Diwali.
Know what, there have been two bomb blasts in New Delhi, 100 casualties have been reported. My dad is calling me back!
However, I am not inclined tto change my plans. For now, its Red Alert and any movement around the city is impossible. Lets see how things turn out.

I have my relations distributed over three towns- Gurgaon, Kanpur and Lucknow. I even hope to meet a former school friend in Chandigarh before return.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:10 am
I am really sorry for you, take care.
0 Replies

pieman

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:38 am
I hope things get better for you Prince. Stay in touch if you are able.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:22 am
Prince El wrote:
Thanks Pieman.
But know what, I am stuck in New Delhi. I thought when i would reach my hometown, i'd have a blast with my cousins on Diwali.
Know what, there have been two bomb blasts in New Delhi, 100 casualties have been reported. My dad is calling me back!
However, I am not inclined tto change my plans. For now, its Red Alert and any movement around the city is impossible. Lets see how things turn out.

I have my relations distributed over three towns- Gurgaon, Kanpur and Lucknow. I even hope to meet a former school friend in Chandigarh before return.

Oh Man! Sad

I really feel sorry for the people in the Capital .. esp. abt the casualities. Me too know the experience of Serial Bombings... not once but twice .. I live in Mumbai.

Prince hope you will come out of all odds soon.
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 02:57 am
Thank God!
I am alive Laughing
Well, Delhi is back on track.
For now I am in Gurgaon, well I am in hurry.
Audieu Smile
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:53 am
I'm out of hot waters, I suppose. The area I was staying in is a highly posh location- North Avenue, Well; I was staying over at an M.P's house. He is a distant relative of my mother. I am so grateful to them for showing me the whole city around. We went in to the India Gate, rambled about in the evening. It was really memorable. My uncle's two children accompanied me. Shreya, the cute 22 year old, a fashion designing student and Yuvraj, who's at home for Diwali- a very brainy lad doing B.Tech from I.I.T Delhi.

Then I guess they took me to Appu Ghar or something. Not as amusing as some of the fantasy parks back home but it did good to refresh our spirits after the doomsday.

Soon after I left for here, Gurgaon. Its Diwali and I can hear crackers exploding. I am going too.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 12:33 pm
Thank God you are alive!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 12:35 pm
I'm going to Mumbai later this month, with Clary.
Then we're doing a bit of a tour of India.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 12:47 pm
What all places besides Mumbai and Delhi are you going to?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 03:30 pm
Not Delhi.
Mumbai, Bangalore, Mysore, Kerala; I hope.

McT
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:20 am
El, enjoy India it is always great being there.

McTag, I am in Mumbai and Bangalore, but in Dec - damn I am gonna miss you, Clary and Fiona - else I would have shown you India just like an Indian can
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 03:24 am
Thanks prince,
but, ehem, no Fiona, just me and Clary
(and meeting some of her chums)

Poor Fiona has to work, and I'm newly retired!

But that's a shame, we would have loved to see you there.

BTW returning from Mumbai on 15th December.

McT
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 03:49 am
McTag wrote:
I'm going to Mumbai later this month, with Clary.
Then we're doing a bit of a tour of India.

Hay guys ! I stay in Mumbai ... I mean if you guys like I can guide you while roaming around in mumbai ...

I had already shown mumbai to my Clients from US during Navratri in last year October Smile

Only problem is my Job ... I am OFF only weekends ... though Crying or Very sad

It was pretty good I could say coz the trip earned an encouraging remark from the client back in US in the later month Cool
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 11:28 am
We arrive on a flight at about 11 30 on Sunday 20th Nov, vinsan - guess we might meet up that day if you aren't climbing the walls Smile?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 01:46 am
McTag wrote:
Thanks prince,
but, ehem, no Fiona, just me and Clary
(and meeting some of her chums)

Poor Fiona has to work, and I'm newly retired!

But that's a shame, we would have loved to see you there.

BTW returning from Mumbai on 15th December.

McT

McTag, Clary - I am in Mumbai on the 14th !!! Where are you guys staying ? I will most probably be at the Taj Land's end or the Sheraton near the airport....
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 02:51 am
Quote:
We arrive on a flight at about 11 30 on Sunday 20th Nov, vinsan - guess we might meet up that day if you aren't climbing the walls ?

Sunday 20th Nov - But u be resting for some time .... won't you?

11 30 AM or PM? U talk abt day's plan so I take that as 11:30 am....

No probs for me then!

Where r u stayin?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 03:41 am
AM. Not sure if I'm staying with a friend or not, he hasn't replied!
McT may be in a hotel but also has a friend who hasn't replied... what is it with you Indians !!

Prince, maybe we can all stay at the Sheraton on the 14th!?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 03:46 am
Call, Clary! That is the only way. I swear. Email so doesn't work, it's not a way to communicate with a native Indian, it seems. haha. I've thought so many times that our plans are going to fall apart, nobody will be anywhere, everything is going to be a disaster, but somehow things always happen right in the end in India. They do read emails, but no, they don't believe in replying.
0 Replies