This is The High School Yearbook Photo Thread.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:03 am
http://static.flickr.com/93/205819123_c2ede2c034.jpg

hamburger in the centre, seevetaler to the right of hamburger in the photo
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:07 am
It's a good thing you put that caption there, Beth. I thought it was another snapshot of Gus' brothers.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:32 am
Oh wow! That's a fabulous picture. Definitely see the hamburger in ehBeth with that one, too.

What was the occasion?
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:40 am
Ah, to be so young, so earnest, so slim!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:27 am
Soz, this was one of a series of photos that was taken when hamburger, seevetaler and their three closest pals completed high school at about 18/19 years of age.

Serious young fellas when they weren't being giddy Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:39 am
That's called "Abitur":

Quote:
This means it includes the functions of a school leaving certificate and an university entrance exam.
Even though the Abitur is often and incorrectly compared to a High school diploma in the United States, it is academically closer to the associate degree of a US college.
wiki

At the time, hamburger got it until I "made my Abi" [that was the last year it was named such], it was officially the "certification of maturity".

[Which wasn't only a reason for laughter when I was older but really brought up some serious questions from the immatricultion office of an university a couple of years ago ... if this was equal to a 'Abitur' Laughing ]
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 12:09 pm
Guys just don't look like that in HS anymore, do they? What the hell happened to the youth?? Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 12:18 pm
What a total delight, Beth. Just seeing if they are look alikes:

http://www.coutant.org/recent/holly.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 12:28 pm
http://www.photofeatures.com/tednugent/images/prevs/n10011a.jpg

Cool
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:52 pm
I can't find my G.E.D. photo.... must have lost it....
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:11 pm
ehbeth wrote :
"...series of photos that was taken when hamburger, seevetaler and their three closest pals completed high school at about 18/19 years of age."

we were actually a little older , about 20-21 years old .
we had finished our apprenticeship and were finally making some real money and were able to buy our first suits - how proud we were !
after finishing middle-school we had to apprentice for 2 1/2 to 3 years and during that time received only "pocket money" , the equivalent of about $50-80 a month , hardly enough to take a girl out to the movies .
finally having some real money in our pockets after passing our apprenticeship exam sure felt good - now we could take a girl out to the movies , and even dinner and drinks thereafter .
hbg
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:28 pm
Youse guys is all simply gawgeous! !

Reege and Jespah are a coupla cuties--you'd have looked adorable together in high school!

It's so neat to see pics of everyone back in the day. I'm just sorry I missed the ones that have been taken down.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:43 am
Thanks! Embarrassed The only thing is, he's 2 1/2 yrs younger than me. I was a senior in '79 and he was a freshman.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:47 am
Quote:
Reege and Jespah are a coupla cuties--you'd have looked adorable together in high school!

i've often thought the same thing... although the age difference prolly would've prevented such a meeting...

i have taken the liberty of obtaining your high school photo, Pooky.

http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com/garden-journal-05/tabby-kitten-tiger.jpg
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:37 pm
Thanks for finding that Reege! God, I looked damn good even then. I'm so glad I didn't have one of those embarrassing hairdos or anything... though I admit the white bib was maybe a little much.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:39 pm
And the eyeliner is so 80's...

Adorable as ever, though!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 06:02 pm
Yeah, I just noticed I still do that eyeliner thing...I should update that...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:14 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Thanks for finding that Reege! God, I looked damn good even then. I'm so glad I didn't have one of those embarrassing hairdos or anything... though I admit the white bib was maybe a little much.

What kind of drugs were you on?

those pupils are awfully small.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:56 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
cyphercat wrote:

What kind of drugs were you on?

those pupils are awfully small.

It was the 'nip, baby, the 'nip. I was a mess in those days.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:44 am
Ah, cypher, don't change a thing. Stay the same.

(Was that how EVERYONE signed yearbooks?)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:05:36