Please help!Environment project ideas wanted

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 01:32 pm
Hello!
We are a team of students from Romania and are currently doing research on some environment problems we can approach with the help of technology. "Preserving, Protecting and Enhancing the Environment" is the theme that our project has to follow. The thing is that we have Computer Science majors and are not so good with environmental issues.

From the technical point of view we can build a device with almost any technical capabilities available today (Wi-Fi, PDA-s, GPS, sensors etc) and optionally connect it to a computer.

Any help with some ideas on what problems we should try to approach or some hints on areas that require some solutions would be great!

Thank you in advance,
George Ciobanu
Polytechnic University of Bucharest
Computers Science Department
[email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 563 • Replies: 1
No top replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 11:25 pm
Geo
I am delighted to hear that! Razz

I am too embarking upon a research project with almost the same object as yours. I wonder we might help each other greatly.

As for ideas, I am setting them down and will upload the whole writeup when I have seen through it.

For now, I can say, you should give some podering over the idea of using the properties of colloidal particles in controlling air pollution.
You know, we can have some towers specially meant for trapping colloidal toxins in the air. Something like that.....

All the Best!

And keep updating this thread and so will I. Smile
0 Replies