Pet Gender Identification/Sexuality Issues.

Sofia

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:55 am
Are dogs purposefully homosexual, or do they just not care?

My husband, much more reserved than me, made me spew my coffee this morning, when he started talking through the kitchen door to our dogs.

Seems Jack and Ranger were having man love, with Jill, our pretty little female, standing by watching. My hub said, "You stoopid homos! There is a girl right there! "

Then he turns to me and asks, "Are they homosexual on purpose? Why aren't they interested in Jill?"

Is there sexual orientation dog and cat land?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,252 • Replies: 26
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:12 am
I think they'll do it with any other critter that'll put up with it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:20 am
Cats won't - cats are selective.

I am sure some of them are gay, though.

Actually - GIRL animals are selective!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:26 am
I think they'll do it with any other critter that'll put up with it.

ehBeth, I owe you a fiver for that good laugh. Sometimes, I resemble that remark, from the 'recieving' angle...

The Bunny has a verrry interesting point, which I shall look into. I think gay feline incidences are much lower than dogs. And, I think lesbian pets are much more rare than boy homos.... Food for thought. Thank you, ladies.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:38 am
my molly humps the crap out of my otis. he's had one red rocket in his life and didn't know what to do with it.

i think they'd happily switch anatomies...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:01 am
Hmmm - you couldn't buy her a little something.....?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:11 am
I'm dignifying that with a response.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:15 am
LOL!!!!!!!!

heeheee
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:16 am
Don't they got doggy sex shops where you are?

kidding!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 01:53 pm
I have read about documented cases of homosexual sex between a horse and a donkey.

A trashy talk show aired a video of another similar case and it caused a stir in Brazil.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 05:27 pm
Oh, lots of animals have homosexual sex - some gay couples even set up long term relationships.

It stuffs up the homophobic religious right's argument that it is "unnatural". Tee hee

Why did it cause a stir on Brazilian television?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:29 pm
The Brazilians seem to upset easily. If memory serves, they became upset about "Fight Club", as well. Not that there's anything wrong with Brazilians or being easily upset...

I just feel badly for Jill. She's a lovely, clean pretty dog, as dogs go. Yet, the boys love one another almost exclusively. I am beginning to think they are all confused.

Ranger goes both ways, but Jack is exclusively homosexual. Poor Jill watches them, and tries to mount Ranger every so often. Yet, she dassn't have that part...

You are right, bunny, about the failed "unnatural" argument.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 06:23 pm
Hmmm....
0 Replies

Francie

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 04:45 pm
Dogs are dogs ! My crazy senior citizen chihuahua loves to hump my daughter's stuffed animals if he can find one lying on the floor !
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:16 pm
Now I've heard it all..... Shocked
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:39 pm
Sofia wrote:
The Brazilians seem to upset easily. If memory serves, they became upset about "Fight Club", as well. Not that there's anything wrong with Brazilians or being easily upset...

Actually they are very laid back, that some got mad about fight club is no surprise.

Heck, Aladdin caused a stir in the US and was altered in the video release. That was a G rated movie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 09:14 pm
Pacco my corgi persists in humping Derby the Dobie's shoulder. Both are neutered males. I have made efforts to get a picture in relatively poor light. Will let you all know if I ever do.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 09:37 pm
Hmm, from what I have read, as a dog owner, the humping thing is more about domination than love, although there are definitely animal species out there who practice homosexual love for pleasure (take that homophobes....). Sounds to me like Ranger is the more dominant of the male pair, hence going 'both ways' and Jack's behaviour is sort of a 'trying to get to be pack leader by dominating other males' sorta thing. In a sense, the incident you described was the two males battling for the females attention in their own way. Ever watch 'Oz'?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 09:39 pm
Two words: early neutering Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 09:56 pm
Early neuters get the worm.
0 Replies