'Matter' and 'Anti-Matter' [For Experts] -No Atheists please

dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 11:36 pm
Does this mean garbage?

I see no reason to insult them, they did me no harm until my silly paws developed a mind of their own.

hehehe
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 12:03 am
garbanzos are good, I like them, but they'd make great earplugs.

Kasaova,
this is a site with people from around the world. We are people of many religions, people thinking about religion with serious questions, and people who are without belief in a religious system. We don't expect to have you shed your distaste for atheists when you post here, but we expect courtesy.

Ok, ok, we try to expect courtesy. Subject forum topics are open to all members.
If you look at the terms of service, we promote robust argument. However not only do we not like what are called ad hominems - arguments to the person, they are against the terms of service.
Disagree with posted points of view, but don't slam the poster.

Admittedly there are certain failures in this, but as a group of very diverse people, we work to argue well on the merits of the points of view and not to slam posters, or groups of people.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:54 am
Re: 'Matter' and 'Anti-Matter' [For Experts] -No Atheists pl
rosborne979 wrote:
Kasaova wrote:
I don't believe in what they have to say. most of them are narrow minded bigots. So for this reason I refuse to acknowledge them.

Most of *them* are narrow minded bigots? Ok whatever.

Um, yeah.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:07 pm
Kasaova, I can understand why you would not want atheists posting here - they tend to be so narrow-minded when it comes to unsubstantiated theories and bigoted against people who don't know what they are talking about. Rolling Eyes Theists, on the other hand, have a proven track record of being able to accept the most outlandish and illogical notions with no shred of proof whatsoever.

For instance, an atheist might actually check out your links and find that they do not back up your contention that "antimatter is just matter traveling backward in time," although particle/anti-particle pairs can be viewed that way in Feynman diagrams.

If antimatter was really traveling back in time, PET scans would not work, nor would current experiments using antimatter: Probing the antiworld and Dramatic differences found in matter and antimatter
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:57 am
I asked in a nice way no atheists please.
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:58 am
Terry wrote:
Kasaova, I can understand why you would not want atheists posting here - they tend to be so narrow-minded when it comes to unsubstantiated theories and bigoted against people who don't know what they are talking about. Rolling Eyes Theists, on the other hand, have a proven track record of being able to accept the most outlandish and illogical notions with no shred of proof whatsoever.

For instance, an atheist might actually check out your links and find that they do not back up your contention that "antimatter is just matter traveling backward in time," although particle/anti-particle pairs can be viewed that way in Feynman diagrams.

If antimatter was really traveling back in time, PET scans would not work, nor would current experiments using antimatter: Probing the antiworld and Dramatic differences found in matter and antimatter

I never said my theory was a proven was I was asking for some input on it. However I see your point.

I don't believe in anything when I don't want to.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 04:46 pm
Calling atheists what you did was not being nice.

The death knell to the notion of a God was rung with the publication of Darwin's book. None of your theories can alter that simple fact.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 04:56 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Calling atheists what you did was not being nice.

The death knell to the notion of a God was rung with the publication of Darwin's book. None of your theories can alter that simple fact.

...and it seems that atheists will wade through waist high doo-doo to tell anyone who will listen just that - even if asked politely to abstain.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 05:03 pm
It wasn't polite.

<enjoy your discussion>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 05:13 pm
What was polite? I didn't see that part.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 05:19 pm
This guy sounds like he belongs to the narrow-minded, race bigoted, homophobic, woman-hater, anti-evolution club. I wonder what hole he crawled out from?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 05:46 am
I don't know a damn thing about anti-matter. What I DO know, is that by asking atheists not to join this thread, you are severely hampering the discussion. Do you want to kick around ideas, or do you want a thread full of yes-men?

Then again, many theists are happiest when they have a claque around them, nodding their heads in agreement, to reinforce their beliefs. Why allow reason and logic to spoil it! Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 06:38 am
BYOB

( bring your own beans )
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 07:00 am
I make little witches with garbanzo beans. They come out real cute. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 07:18 am
This witch likes refried beans. Shocked
hahaha
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 07:21 am
Beans, beans, the musical fruit,
The more you eat 'em the more you toot,
The more you toot the better you feel
So eat beans at every meal!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 08:06 am
Hush, he is going to exclude bean lovers too. Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 08:06 am
>toot<
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 08:08 am
*toot toot* Oh excuse me Shocked Did I dooo that Question Of course not Exclamation Embarrassed
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 08:14 am
Kasaova wrote:
No atheists please

I don't believe for one second that you didn't intend for this to derail the discussion.
0 Replies