'Matter' and 'Anti-Matter' [For Experts] -No Atheists please

Kasaova

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 10:44 am
I was dwelling upon the observed imbalance of matter vs antimatter in the universe and I would like some constructive input...antimatter can be accurately portrayed mathematically by substituting negative time in a spherical wave equation for the corresponding matter.

So, mathematically, antimatter is just matter traveling backward in time. We observe that matter outweighs antimatter in the universe. What ideas do people have about why this might be taking into account that matter in moving forward through time and antimatter is moving backwards...?

Oh, another interesting idea, antimatter that we have created...from the perspective of the antimatter we actually destroy it...So at some point in our future when we either release it or use it in a collision, we are actually either "catching it" or creating it. This brings up interesting questions about causality.

Another one - IF we could accelerate a particle of matter (say an electron) to c (which we know is impossible) then t for that particle would equal 0. Now if we could accelerate a positron to c then t would equal 0 for it as well. If the only difference between a positron and electron is the + or - value of t then these two particles would now be identical. What would this state of t=0 be called? I have never heard of such a state being contemplated so we may be able to name is ourselves...of course, with our current understanding of the universe it would only ever be a mathematical construct (because it is impossible to accelerate mass to c).

Okay, one more off the wall question that is not based in reality, but it allows for some interesting thinking games...is/will 12-15 billion years from the "end of time" be populated with a huge unbalanced amount of antimatter moving backward in time? So, could reality simply be the "interferences" and or unbalance created by these two flows of time? Does almost all matter and antimatter then destroy each other in the middle of our timeliness?

Just for those who think my base axiom about the relationship between matter and antimatter is BS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_electrodynamics (simplistic explanation)
http://www.wbabin.net/babin/wd6.htm (more math focused)

While I was looking up and reading these sites (to double check the my accuracy) I thought of something else. If we destroy a positron and an electron in an accelerator, what we are really doing is "bouncing" the electron on...on what? I do not know. Let me explain. We observe the electron which is moving through t approach the point of collision. We also observe the positron approach the point of collision, however the positron is moving through t(-1), so it is REALLY moving away from the point of collision backward through time as we experience it. So, what really happened (from the perspective of our little electron) was this: The electron reaches the point of "intersect" releases energy (whatever we would observe in the collision), "bounces" and continues on but as a positron moving backward through time. It may not be the same electron of course (but does it really matter...eh, pun). The electron may have been destroyed only to form a positron, which is essentially the same particle. So the release of energy is caused by the "bounce" or the flip from +t to t(-1).

I apologize if some of this is hard to follow, I figured that people (including myself) would like it explained step by step instead of as a mathematic equation. Besides, I think much more quick in words than I do in mathematics. I am doing this for fun. If it makes sense to anyone else, I might try to find the time to put it in to math (if anyone wants me to), not that it will work mathematically (I do not know, just trying to share a random train of thought). Constructive criticism very welcome. Thanks everyone.

- Kasaova
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,964 • Replies: 60
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 11:55 am
Re: 'Matter' and 'Anti-Matter' [For Experts] -No Atheists pl
Kasaova wrote:
We observe that matter outweighs antimatter in the universe.

I have to run off to a meeting, but one thing I can tell you quickly is that we have no idea whether there is more matter or antimatter in the universe. We have no idea whether the stars we see are matter or antimatter, because the photon that brings the image to us is its own antiparticle.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:24 pm
Kasaova wrote:
Re: 'Matter' and 'Anti-Matter' [For Experts] -No Atheists please

No Athiests? What does athiesism have to do with your question?
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:28 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
Kasaova wrote:

Well I don't believe in Atheists.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:57 pm
Kasaova wrote:

There's more evidence that atheists exist than that any god exists.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:50 pm
Kasaova wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Kasaova wrote:

If you don't believe in Athiests, then why ask them not to attend?
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 07:13 am
rosborne979 wrote:
Kasaova wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Kasaova wrote:

If you don't believe in Athiests, then why ask them not to attend?

I don't believe in what they have to say. most of them are narrow minded bigots. So for this reason I refuse to acknowledge them.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 07:33 am
Then stop inviting them by laying traps. Unless of course that was your intention? And if it was why not hang a sign out asking only for responses within a theistic framework?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 08:37 am
Speaking as an atheist I would like to know how "God's will" can operate in a universe where the direction of time is arbitrary ?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:05 am
Quote:
[For Experts] -No Atheists please

You might as well just post in the philosophy forum if you're not willing to scientific discussion.

Quote:
I don't believe in what they have to say. most of them are narrow minded bigots. So for this reason I refuse to acknowledge them.

haha, I think it's about time you looked those words up. What a hypocrite you are! And by the way if it wasn't for atheists, there would be no concept of antimatter.

Quote:
IF we could accelerate a particle of matter (say an electron) to c (which we know is impossible) then t for that particle would equal 0.

huh? what equation is this coming from
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:09 am
Kasaova wrote:

Most of *them* are narrow minded bigots? Ok whatever.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:44 am
With the lack of proof one way or the other, a person can choose to believe in a supreme being or not. Of course, if they choose to, they then have another choice to make...

Why is it that so many of the people who choose to believe feel either threatened by or antagonistic toward the people who either don't believe or don't believe in the same supreme being?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 10:01 am
Quote:
Why is it that so many of the people who choose to believe feel either threatened by or antagonistic toward the people who either don't believe or don't believe in the same supreme being?

I think that it is actually compassion that causes this. We don't like to see other people decieved, so when we see people preaching something contradictory to our own firm beliefs, we want to prevent that person from decieving others.

For instance, my little nephew comes home from school with pamphlets completely covered with very offensive religious propaganda...I would be furious if my children were being taught this kind of thing, not because other people have those beliefs but because I feel that causes deception to susceptible minds.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 04:58 pm
Speaking as an atheist, I would like to request that no Christians post on this bigoted thread.
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 07:02 pm
Ahh Atheists.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 07:13 pm
Grow up.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:37 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Speaking as an atheist, I would like to request that no Christians post on this bigoted thread.

Speaking as an agnostic, I would like to request that Taoists not post on this bigoted thread. No particular reason.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 10:05 pm
Saying "no Atheists Please" was just like saying "don't stick beans in your ears" to a child - it'd take an hour to pull em outta there.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 10:08 pm
I resisted, from a species of complicated perversity, until now.

But, I simply CANNOT get those legumes out of my ears.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 10:11 pm
Are these garbanzos?
0 Replies