Easy carpenter one [deb can't play]

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:28 pm
Huh? Do comic book characters face the other way up there, or something?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2004 02:08 am
Yay---Moonie's come to play! or growl, or summat! Smile
0 Replies

dagda

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 07:24 am
Seeing as how 'cut' was not defined as cutting through one thickness, the plank can be cut into ten equal lengths with four cuts.

The first cut cuts the plank into two equal halves. These are stacked one on top of the other so that the second cut can be through both

The second cut cuts one fifth off the length giving two 'finished' pieces.

The third cut cuts the remainder at the center and these are stacked one on top of the other

This pile is cut through the center and that gives the required eight pieces to make up the ten.

And for those that were concerned about the measuring; this requires less measuring too.

Of course you could then say that a double cut would take longer than a single cut. This is true - though it was not included in the question - but my way I still cut through the same total thickness of wood and with less measuring and considerably less lifting the wood into position, so I will still be on my second beer by the time you get to the bar!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 07:36 am
I can do it in 5 min
0 Replies

glooper

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 02:42 am
@markr,
Assuming that it takes him a minute to cut through it because of it's thickness, stacking them wouldn't get it done any quicker, but it would cut down on measuring time.
0 Replies