Name The Last CD You Bought

giantgem

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 06:55 am
best of acid jazz-vol 2
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 11:01 pm
North By Northwest - Tom Robinson. Thanks gorgeous.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 11:08 pm
The Chamber Music of Claude Debussy Complete - The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
0 Replies

Armageddon

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:07 pm
"Ten Thousand Fists" ~Disturbed
0 Replies

quietStorm7

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 02:32 pm
fishscale-ghostface
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 02:35 pm
Shout - The Very Best of Tears For Fears
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 04:09 pm
Drill Beneath The Substrate And Tell Me What You See - Jim White
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 04:25 pm
hingehead wrote:
Drill Beneath The Substrate And Tell Me What You See - Jim White

nice, have enjoyed white's work for sometime now, a friend turned me on to the wrong eyed jesus cd when it came out

i'm hoping to find the dvd soon, but so far no local shops are carrying it, so i guess a special order is the ticket
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:17 pm
Bizarrely I first came across Wrongeyed Jesus at the Melbourne Comedy festival in a small pub in Fitzroy - to see a guy who had been really popular in the late 90s but drugs and mental health issues saw him disappear to Tasmania, he was tentatively making a come back and that first Jim White album was playing.

The room was upstairs with old lounge chairs scattered around. Only twenty or so people showed up and the music was otherworldly, there was a girl doing the sound and I asked here what it was - I'd never heard of Jimmy White before, but I had to get it, and I've now got all of them. I'm never sure what genre to call it - Psycho Country? I can see bits of Tom Waits in there too. Substrate is the most accessible for the non-believer.

I am racking my brain for the comedian's name - he was brilliant at his peak - I'm sure he performed under the influence and was just being himself - he was very tentative in this performance, understandably, and even with the crowd willing him on... EUREKA, I remember his name! Anthony Morgan!!! And I found a review of the show I saw: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/03/30/1080544473938.html?from=storyrhs

Looks like he's still plugging away: http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/season/2006/show.php?id=354
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:09 pm
I splurged on two cds yesterday: The Greatest- Cat Power and Songs from the South- Paul Kelly.

I'm going to have a musical dinner tonight.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:28 am
tin_sword_arthur wrote:

Coool!!

True Blue-Madonna for my friends 8 year old daughters birthday prezzie.She likes Madonna and I am glad to help brainwash the 8 year old into adoring her!!
Her mum is buying her Confessions album.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:45 am
material girl wrote:
tin_sword_arthur wrote:

Coool!!

True Blue-Madonna for my friends 8 year old daughters birthday prezzie.She likes Madonna and I am glad to help brainwash the 8 year old into adoring her!!
Her mum is buying her Confessions album.

Wow, someone else besides my brother who enjoys Tears for Fears. I didn't think anyone else existed like this. Very Happy
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:55 am
Of course!I bought their greatest hits pre the release of that slow version of Mad world so I can claim to be ahead of the trend.
I also recently bought Alison Moyet greatest hits,maybe she will make a comeback!!

I love Head over heels, I play that at top volume adn imagine Im the guy with the curly hair and mime along.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:00 am
Everybody Wants to Rule the World is the one I turn up whenever I hear it. I find myself singing along every time.
My brother copied Madonna's Immaculate Collection for me, but I misplaced it. I'll have to buy myself a copy sometime. I'm a big fan of her older work, and her newer songs aren't too bad either. I recently bought Evanescence's Fallen album, too.
The rest of my collection is classical and what people would call "love songs" or "pansy rock", Air Supply and the like. I'm a hopeless romantic that way.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:04 am
Pansy Rock, fantastic!!
Hearts Bad Animals album is fantastic, also Cher Heart of stone(ooh there is a heart theme going on there)both kind of like mega pansy rock.

Buy all madonna albums, except Bedtime stories, just buy the singles she released from that one.

Im an 80's chick.I keep buying compilations that will whisk me back to my youth.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:08 am
material girl wrote:
Im an 80's chick.I keep buying compilations that will whisk me back to my youth.

Same here. Except for the "chick" part.
It's what I grew up with, so it's what I know best. I'll still get out the Poison, Guns N Roses, etc. when the mood strikes me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:10 am
I heave at GNR, heard too much of them when i was younger and there songs dont really conjure up good times.

Im more into the pop side of things.Did Poison sing 'unskinnybop'?
I like them.Have you heard of The Electric Boys?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:14 am
Unskinny Bop was indeed Poison. I can't say I've heard of the Electric Boys, though. I'm Googling them right now.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:16 am
You should get 'Psychodelic carpet ride'.The only album Im aware that they made and it kicks serious butt in a pansy rock way.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:30 am
material girl wrote:
it kicks serious butt in a pansy rock way.

There's a phrase I never thought I'd hear. Laughing
Did you notice that we've kind of taken over this thread?
0 Replies