American Taliban - WARNING VERY OFFENSIVE

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 06:38 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Quotes are funny things. Oftentimes, when taken out of context, they can seem rather ridiculous and make you question the person's intelligence. But when placed in context of time and discussion they make a bit more sense.

Very true.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:31 am
nothing in those quotes surprises me at all.

Bella, are you rasta pasta?
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:55 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Quotes are funny things. Oftentimes, when taken out of context, they can seem rather ridiculous and make you question the person's intelligence. But when placed in context of time and discussion they make a bit more sense.

I could rather easily sort through these forums and give you quotes that would make you think less of the people who wrote it, but in the context of the discussion you would be backing them 100%. I could also do the same with liberal "leaders" such as was done here with these right leaning "leaders".
But what would that prove other than I have as much time to waste as someone else did.

Just my five cents worth. (Over the years, inflation has driven my opinion up from the traditional 2 cents worth)

I think people should stop using the bible as an excuse for being narrow-minded bigoted fascist indoits....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 08:01 am
unfortunatly Kasaova, that happens here alot.

There are alot of things that people use to judge others , but the bible is the most popular.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 08:32 am
edited out.....

Decided to use my better judgement.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 09:12 am
Like Edgar, I didn't read the link, just the reactions. Even without reading the link, I know I have the same thoughts about the American Taliban as Kasaova. These people scare the crap out of me.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 09:56 am
Some of these folks actually have intelligent things to say (though on the opposite end of judgement from my mind).

Some are just hateful nitwits.

Pat Robertson <<<< He frightens me. He is a troll with influence on people.

Some of them made me laugh.

Why is it that so many christian ladies go for the feathered hair look?! That cracks me up!! Also, very old fashioned make-up techniques. They are like living relics! "If men were doing their job women wouldn't have to vote!" Laughing
0 Replies