Humantanian aide anyone? The Army is off.

Baldimo

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 09:14 pm
Well all I'm leaving 3 months early for the middle east. Think earth quake and make your own guesses. Can't say much else but we will be transporting food and other needed supplies to people. Hope to talk to all of you soon. Won't have net access for much longer seeing as how there isn't much power there.

Later
SPC. Toney
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,958 • Replies: 25
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 09:48 pm
Good luck Baldimo! We'll be here when you get back.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:01 pm
Best wishes, Baldimo. Keep your head down.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:26 pm
All the best Baldimo.

Makes sense to ask the Army to do this though. Masters of logistics, of getting lots of stuff from A to B in very adverse circumstances.

And the best to all who are going.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 06:49 am
Well I have landed in Rota Spain in route to Afghanistan and then to Pakistan. I haven't seen the news much but from what I hear there was another earth quake there and things don't seem to be getting any better. Well I will keep in touch as much as possible but I doubt I will have internet access when I land in Pakistan. Can this thread be made sticky?

Later SPC. Toney.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:10 am
Good luck and stay safe.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:15 pm
I have arrived in Afghanistan after spending 2 days in Rota Spain. It was a long day yesterday and this morning after spending 14 hrs in route to Afghanistan. Don't know how long I will spend here before we head off to Pakistan but it should be about 2 weeks and I will probably be out of coms for several months. Talk to you all soon and I will provide updates as I can.

Later
SPC. Toney

P.S. Can this thread be sticky so it is easier for me to post updates?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 01:15 am
Thanks for the updates.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 10:29 am
Oh, Baldimo!

I was so looking forward to seeing you in Fort Sill sometime during the next three months too, darn it! What a not so pleasant surprise that awaited you there. From my own selfish end, I will just wait for your return to have our visit.

My friend, my son's fellow soldier....be safe in your deployment, give wholeheartedly of your effort, work hard for those in need and mostly, look forward to your homecoming, to your family and your wife. You are embedded in my thoughts and I cannot want for any more than the very best for you.

Stay safe my friend...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:58 pm
Baldimo,

Please stay safe. My prayers are with you. God Bless you and all our troops!
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 09:56 am
Hope you don't mind a Papist praying for you...
(I promise I won't pray in Latin.)
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:31 am
Glad to see that this thread has been featured. Keep us informed, Baldimo.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:33 am
Baldimo--

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 02:03 pm
Take care, Baldimo.

By the way, a way to quickly find threads you've started is to click on "Your Topics", at the upper left side of your screen. That way you can find it easily even if this is no longer featured.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 02:05 pm
Take care of yourself and those around you, Baldimo.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 02:09 pm
Stay safe, Baldimo. Take care.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 06:11 pm
Good Luck and keep your head down, Baldimo.
You'll be in my thoughts.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 06:41 pm
Oh my.

I hope we hear from you soon, Mr B.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:07 pm
Well everyone I'm not in Pakistan and I must say this is interesting. Several times a day you hear loud speakers playing prayers. We have been working quite hard to provide help to the people in Kashmir area but it is tough. The people are in bad shape and at times it is hard to provide help. I haven't flown on any mission but several of my friends have and they say the people bum rush the Chinooks when they land and just tear supplies and food off the bird. They try to board and don't even know when we are leaving. We end up having to push people off other wise we would never get off the ground. I hope to fly in the next few days but we will see how much work I have to do before I get to have "fun". The hours have been on and off with more on then off but we are keeping them going regardless. Robbing Peter to pay Paul you could say. Most of the days are slow because the helicopters are off on missions but when the night falls we get really busy. Parts to fix and inspections to perform. I would say that I work a total of about 12-14 hrs a day. The food isn't so bad but Pakistan people don't do french fries quite like we do them in the states. God bless them though they try hard and are very happy to have the help.

Well I have been gone from home for over a month now and I really miss my family. I also miss the verbal war that takes place here. I have told several of my fellow soldiers about this place and we might even pick up some new members when all of this is over.

If any of you have questions please feel free to ask. I can't get very specific but I would like to have conservation on a better level then just good luck and keep your head down. Hope things are well and everyone keep up the prayers no matter who you pray to. Even the heathens are welcome Laughing . Write to you all soon.

SPC. Toney
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:39 pm
Thanks for the update, B. Obviously you don't have a lot of time to spend
on this A2K stuff. If you get a chance though, I'd like to get your
impressions on how the Pakistanis in that area view the U.S. We'd all like
to believe that this aid is winning "hearts and minds", but in reality, I'm
sure that that's not always the case.
0 Replies