Is Being in the Millitary a sin to you Church lubers?

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:27 pm
I'm currently enlisted in the Navy and i have listened to people who go to church say that every thing is sinfull, not praying befor you eat, not doing this, doing this or that, and every thing is sinful, so is being enlisted to protect you from those that would kill you, those that want to see you dead and suffering, is it a sin to protect you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,148 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:19 pm
Hi Sleeper!

First of all, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I have a deep and abiding respect for our troops!

Is it a sin to be in the military? I don't think so. God had his armies too. There are lots of things that are sins that aren't called sins and there are lots of things not sins that are called sins.

I hope that you do not get deployed to a foreign land. I will pray for you that you don't. If you do get deployed, I will pray for your safety. And never, let anyone tell you that your taking the oath to protect God and country is wrong!

God be with you!

Momma Angel
0 Replies

the sleeper

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:59 am
Thanks momma angel, it jsut seems like every thing is a sin these days.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:11 am
is being in the military a sin......
Very Happy Hi,Sleeper: The military,and being in the military are not sinful. Plenty of people have had good careers in the service. Having said that,I will say that I feel sorry for all military people who must participate in wars and actions they don't agree with,just to satisfy the ego and whims of politicians. Under no circumstances would I ever condem or put down a
service person.
Very Happy Peace Very Happy
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:12 am
is being in the military a sin......
Very Happy Hi,Sleeper: The military,and being in the military are not sinful. Plenty of people have had good careers in the service. Having said that,I will say that I feel sorry for all military people who must participate in wars and actions they don't agree with,just to satisfy the ego and whims of politicians. Under no circumstances would I ever condem or put down a
service person.
Very Happy Peace Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:36 am
lindatw- Of course the military is a great career. It can help you to get an education, see the world, and meet all kinds of people.

The problem is, that when you join the military, you are being trained to be a WARRIOR, and that means going into battle and killing people. It also means following the orders of your superiors, whether you approve or not.

Since the abolishment of the draft, the military has emphasized the benefits of being in the milatary, but has left out its most important aspect in its recruitment ads. So, for many years, the guys and gals have joined the service, and reaped the benefits. Now they are being called upon to do the job for which they were hired and trained.

Bottom line.......................if you don't want to be a warrior, find another line of work.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:13 am
Is being in the military....
Phoenix: I totally agree with you,but my conscience won't let me condemn a person for making his own choice. Sleeper is probably a fully-grown adult,and joined up after what was probably a lot of soul-searching.
I still believe the idea of "thou shalt not kill",but one must make his own decisions based on his own beliefs.
Sleeper,if you can remain sane while following distasteful,illegal orders from your commander-in-chief,then try your best to serve in as much of a non-combat job as possible.
Very Happy Very Happy pray for peace
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:15 am
the sleeper
People who go to church and pray to their mythical gods based upon their cults teachings, reap the benefits of the protection that our service people afford them. .

In a word " Screw them"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:20 am
lindatw,

Your post disturbs me somewhat. On one hand you tell sleeper it's ok to be a soldier, etc. But, then you throw in your own views on the war.

Can you not understand what conflict this can cause for sleeper?

My belief is that it does not matter why we are at war. What matters is our troops are there. They need us. They do not need our political views. They need our love, encouragement, and support.

Every person in the United States reaps the benefits of our troops offering their lives to save our country.
0 Replies