College student looking for Samples

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 11:37 am
Hi. If anyone out ther can help me, I need samples of lettters containing bad news messages. this is an assignment for a business communications class. Please someone help me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 727 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:29 pm
tiff_faith2001,

I feel so bad no one has answered you. Exactly what is it that you are looking for? Do you want something like why your car insurance didn't cover an accident? Why someone didn't get a job? If you can kind of point me in the right direction, I will try to help.
0 Replies

JamesF

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:41 am
Ok, not sure if this is any good to you, but its the only one I seem not to have deleted:

"Mike,

Everyone felt that Darren was very personable but did not feel that his tech skills were at the level that we needed. Specifically his C sharp skills.

Amanda was too junior.

We are still wanting to work with you guys. All assurances. And we are solely working with you as recruiters for these positions.

Max"

Max is a hiring manager. Amanda and Darren were both interviewed for a job, and turned down. Hope it helps a bit
0 Replies

utrnewsletter

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:44 pm
hmmm
For what class do you need this report done
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:00 pm
I don't have enough information to be able to address your issue properly. In general, I like to use the "sandwich" approach. That is you start the letter with something positive, put the bad news in the middle paragraph, and end on a positive note.

For instance:

Quote:
It was a pleasure to meet you Thursday for your interview for the ___________position. We found your credentials and experience very impressive.

Although you have had related experience, we felt that the position required someone who had been in our specific field, and had already created a network of contacts in our industry. After long consideration, we have offered another candidate the position.

We wish you good luck in your job search, and know that you will be a credit to any firm that offers you a position. We are retaining your resume. If another position opens that is more closely related to your training and expertise, be assured that we will consider you for that post.

I dashed this off quickly, so the wording is not the greatest, but I think that you will get the idea.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:09 pm
Phoenix,

This is the kind of rejection letter I don't mind getting. I hate the ones that tell you nothing about why you didn't get the job or how they felt about your interview whatsoever. Good job on this!
0 Replies