weirdest dream

zeroh

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:15 pm
I don't know where else i'd put this, but anyway...

whats the most interesting/weirdest/rememberable dream you've ever had?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,059 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 07:35 am
I found myself in a round room with strange round windows in the wall. The room was empty except for me. I noticed that the room was swaying, so I went to the window and looked out.

I discovered that the room was floating in emptiness, all I could see was a void in the color of a sunset. After a while I noticed that the void was filled with countless floating objects, though none were close enough to identify.

Suddenly an object came into view as the room revolved, and I saw that it was a huge skull, floating in nothing. Suddenly a person came into view inside the other skull, peeking out. He waved at me, and then it dawned on me what the room I was in really was. It was a skull, same as all the other objects floating around. And then I also knew that inside every skull there was a person.

I think this is the strangest dream I can recall right now.
0 Replies

zeroh

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 10:12 am
Wow, I wish I could decipher my dreams into something like that. None of my dreams make sense. That sounded amazing though.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:38 am
it was pretty strange. But stranger still were the few times when I was dreaming, and in my dream I suddenly realized that it was a dream. Normally you wake at this point, or the dream changes, but on a few occasions it didn't. nothing changed except the realization that I was dreaming. Once when this happened I decided to fly and then I did it Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:32 am
The nicest one I had was I was in a room full on water and all the sealife were floating inthe room and they were the most amazing colours.
I also had a dream the other night were the colours were amazing but I cant remember what it was about.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:41 am
Oh man, you could have a field day with me and dreams. I can think of about a dozen good ones right off the top of my head.

I think the meaning of your dreams needs to be interpreted by looking at them through your individual life experiences and what they mean to you personally. Those books about dream interpretation are useless as far as I'm concerned. What a big purple bouncing ball or a flood means to one person won't me the same to me. The same way with interpreting someone elses dreams, unless that person knows what makes you tick, how will they know what your dreams mean.

When I have a dream uncommon enough to make me wonder about it, I start by looking at where I am emotionally in my life that that time.

Following is the earliest dream I remember. It was close to 40 years ago but I remember it like yesterday. Also I'm including a 2nd dream that resolved the first.

I was probably between 6 and 8 when I had this dream.

Oh, first, the real part....my grandmother lived next door to us. She lived on the 2nd floor. On the first floor was a marine store, offices, and a diner.

Anyway - I dreamt I woke up in my grandmothers apartment, it was the middle of the night, in my PJ's. I didn't know why I was there (I never slept there), so I went downstairs to see what was going on.
I remember everything was lit with that horrible fluorescent light, bright and cold.
I passed through the hallway that went past the offices, and went in the back entrance of the diner. I was SO tired and confused.
I found my mother there, making a huge bowl of potato salad.
She kept trying to force me to eat the potato salad, and I kept saying no. She wouldn't give up. The sight of the potato salad disgusted me, and the bright lights and my mothers demanding me to eat was freaking me out, and I was SO tired.

I told her I was going to go back upstairs to go to bed. She said "You can't go back through there, the witch and her gorilla will get you"

"What witch"? She told me "The witch that came on the train" (we lived next door to railroad tracks, and there was a long train bridge, like a mile long, over the river.
She would let me leave, and kept trying to make me eat potato salad.

I thought to myself that I had been able to walk by the first time without the witch seeing me, maybe I could sneak by again. Just to be sure though, I took a banana and put it under my baseball cap in case I ran into the gorilla.

I snuck out, it looked like the coast was clear.
All of a sudden, with huge gorilla jumped out at me and grabbed me. The witch was cackling behind him.
I was scared and screaming, and reached under my cap for the banana. IT WAS GONE!!!!

That when I woke up, petrified.

For at least the next full year (it seemed like longer), whenever I heard the train coming, it didn't matter where I was, or what I was doing, I had to run and make it to my house and touch the front doorknob BEFORE the train got there, in order to be safe.

I knew if I couldn't get to touch the doorknob, the witch and the gorilla would get me.

I also couldn't eat potato salad until I was in my 20's, and even now I'm not too fond of it.

Years later, when I was in my early thirties, I had the exact same dream.
Everything went the same way, until the gorilla grabbed me.

This time, screaming, I grabbed at the gorilla's head and pulled its hair.

The head came off, and I realized it was just a costume. Inside the costume was my brother Alan, who was 4 years older than me. My brother had died just about 2 years before this 2nd dream

In the dream, I realized how he had tricked and scared me, and since there was no reason to be scared of him, I started hitting him and fighting, just like any brother and sister would fight.

I woke up from that one laughing my ass off!

All those years, and it was just my stupid brother!!!!

Typing this out, I see all sorts of meanings to me, and about my life.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:00 am
The strangest thing happened last night. I talked in my sleep. Not in itself a uniqe incident, although what I said is kind of strange. I know this because I had a conversation with someone who was awake. I was dreaming about a strange house where all the walls could be inverted. I then asked (in my sleep) if she was an entrepeneur, (the woman in bed with me. According to her the conversation went something like this:

Me: Are you an entrepeneur?

Her: What?

Me: Are you an entrepeneur?

Her: What are you talking about?

Me: I don't know. I might be sleeping.

Isn't that strange? I was talking in my sleep, but I knew I was sleeping while I talked... Go figure...
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:16 am
Once had a beautiful dream:

I am on a raft on clear, blue (a lovely shade of blue) water - a small river. the raft (strangely) travelling very very fast. There are 3 (older) men with me - all strangers. They are all smiling and friendly.

The raft is travelling fast but suddenly a crocodile is in our way. "Not to worry" say one of the men - and the raft simply skims over the crocodile. the place is idyllic. im enjoying the breeze on my face. it's a lovely feeling. then, we reach the banks.

i hear a lady's voice singling a lovely song. i see her at a distance, i try to follow her. she is elusive. But she keeps singing...then suddenly i wake up (in real life) to hear the song playing the radio Smile

this was loveliest most memorable dream i had becuase the river and the place i dreamt of were indescribably beautiful. and the breeze on my face - i could almost feel it! the song was beautiful and so was the lady singing it...but all the people in dream were strangers.
0 Replies

zeroh

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:16 pm
Damn, I'm jealous of your dreams... heh I have one rememberable dream when I was about 6-7... I don't know why I remember, but I'd never forget about it.

There was a competition between boys and girls... to see who could jump down from the tallest hight (roof, cliff). Well, i split up from the boys group, and decided to win the competition. I saw a small jump, about a foot tall onto a patch of what looks like grass. I hopped down, realizing it wasnt grass, it was tree tops, a few hundred feet down. I fell the whole way, and woke up when I hit the trees. I wish it kept going, but i'll never forget that dream

Cyracuz wrote:
it was pretty strange. But stranger still were the few times when I was dreaming, and in my dream I suddenly realized that it was a dream. Normally you wake at this point, or the dream changes, but on a few occasions it didn't. nothing changed except the realization that I was dreaming. Once when this happened I decided to fly and then I did it Smile

thats happened to me, because the 2 hours before falling asleep i convinced myself to do so. I drempt that i was in school, with my dreadful teacher in 4th grade. I remember telling myself to do what I want in my dream. I stood up in the middle of the class, climbed ontop of my desk, and pointed and cursed off my teacher. She yelled back, telling me it wasnt a dream, and to get back in my seat. She convinced me it was true to life, and i sat back down like a fool, ha
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:20 pm
I had a dream where I was watching myself sleep. Then I woke up and I was in bed and there was no one watching me. But I wasn't really awake, you see. It was part of the dream.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 09:20 am
When I dream about airports, it means I'm unprepared for something.

They occur at times in my life when I don't feel I have all the information I need to handle an important situation.

In the airport dreams, I can never get to the correct gate, I arrive at the airport to park and I realize I left something I needed at home and have to go back, and I'll never get back to the airport on time, etc.

In one airport dream I was abducted by a baggage handler and raped.

In another, I was suddenly wearing a wedding dress, and I realized I was at the wrong end of the terminal to catch my flight.

I never actually get on a plane, I'm just stuck on the ground and don't know where to go, or if I where to go, somethings keeping me from getting there.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 09:28 am
My weirdest dream was one in which I was in a painting. Water started filling up the room and then I was naked being chased by tigers. When I was able to get out of the water and into another room, I found myself giving birth, even though I wasn't pregnant.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 11:41 am
What do you think it meant Bella?

Are there any parts that you relate certain emotions to?

Waters
Tigers
In a painting

Being chased while naked. Maybe feeling vulnerable? (just guessing on that)

I think it'd be interesting to hear your interpretation.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 06:20 pm
I sometimes wake up because I am so utterly bored by
my dreams.
If I only knew how to get a satelite connection....
0 Replies

zeroh

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 07:33 pm
I always wake up at the climax of my dreams... I try to fall back asleep to finish the dream, but it never works the way I want it to.
0 Replies

crucifixation

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 11:52 am
Cyracuz wrote:

this is really true with me
sometimes in my dreams i know/realize that it was my dream and if i am scared i tried to wake and sometimes i did really wake up and sometimes i couldnt ..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:44 pm
Aw c'mon man!

Let's get some good dreams stories goin on here.....

No more, I was dreaming and I knew I was dreaming, or I was floating in a beam of light stuff.

Good dreams, like.....

I realized I dreamed in color because in one a huge bull was chasing me and when I fell to the ground and he was standing over me his eyes were glowing green.

I dreamt my back yard flood out and the houses behind me all became adrift on little islands of their own. We knew we would never become part of the dry world again, so decided to develope our own town.

You know, dreams!

Details!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:01 pm
What on earth do you think a Freudian analyst would make of that lot girls?Might be the easiest case he ever had.He might be in role reversal in two shakes of a lamb's tail.(Hey don't tell Lola I said that.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:03 pm
I should have said that they all sound great.You should eat more lettuce at bedtime.
0 Replies