how to properly pack a bowl?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 07:54 am
what were we talking about?
0 Replies

darkside47

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 08:23 pm
There really is no 'proper' way to pack a bowl, it all comes down to the smoker's preference. However, people tend to break up the weed as much as possible, to a point where it's almost like shake or little nugget crumbs. This allows the weed to burn more evenly throughout and is the most efficient way to conserve it when using a pipe. Since I personally dislike screens because they are much too easy to lose and can give off an unpleasant taste, I tend to use what I like to call a 'stopper nug' instead. This small-sized nug, which is torn off of a much larger nug, should be no smaller than the hole down in the bowl. Its use is to help prevent the crumbled weed from pulling through. This way you won't have to worry as much about getting all of that awful ash in your mouth!

Enjoy the best of what Mother Nature has to offer!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:09 am
Re: how to pack a bowl.
jkclbrt wrote:
Ok... good question... there really is no wrong way to pack a bowl. However, you will get a better smoke if you remove the seeds and stems. I set the stems aside, sometimes they can be useful later, the stems do contain some THC (the active ingredient in marijuana). If you'd like you can either save the seeds if you plan on growing later, if not then you can just throw them away. I know some ppl who don't care and smoke the seeds as well. However, i find that smoking seeds gives me headaches. If you want you can break up the bud into smaller pieces and pack the bowl that way, packing the bowl with smaller pieces helps you corner your burn better (lighting the edge of the bowl, as the not scorch the entire layer of weed, this is a good thing if you are in a smoking circle, that way more trips can go around without having to repack the bowl.) If you break it up into small pieces, I would recommend buying a smoke screen, be weary of using regular screens that you find around your house, as some are chemically treated and not good to smoke . Glass screens are made for pipes, however they are SUPER easy to lose and can be more expensive than a pack of smoke screens. If you do not have a screen available then you can try to make one out of any stems you have lying around, the idea is just to prevent any weed (or shake) from falling into the hole on the bottom of the bowl, otherwise you will get an unpleasant surprise of weed chunks or ash on your next inhale. Now, If you are smoking in a circle then the rule generally (at least with my group of friends) is that he who packs the bowl gets the first hit, no matter whose weed it is (unless otherwise offered). However, if you are in a circle and someone cashes (or finishes the bowl) before the circle is complete, hand it back to the person packing, and they pack another bowl, but make sure it goes to the person who did not get a hit before you take one. If you are taking the green hit (or very first hit of the bowl) do not burn all the weed, light it from an angle as to allow the next person to also get some green instead of burned weed. Also... i avoid lighting with a zippo as much as possible, they can be hard to light upside down, and you get an aftertaste of zippo fuel. If you are smoking alone you can pack the bowl however you like. When u break up weed, i break it up over a piece of paper then i remove the stems and seeds and fold the paper in half and then i pour the weed in to the bowl with the folded paper. Any questions, feel free to ask.

I haven't read this entire post, or any of it really. But I do know that packing a bowl is not that complicated.
0 Replies

annieyeahh

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 03:00 am
?
i'm sort of new to this as well.
ive smoked a few times with my friends and i like to party, but ive never bought weed myself
so maybe this is a dumb question but just help me out ok!?

so, a few have said it is typical to break up the bud into really small pieces, so when you're going to pack a bowl to smoke with whoever, do you break up the weed ahead of time?
or is it typical to prepare it all when your gonna smoke ??
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 05:02 am
Re: ?
annieyeahh wrote:
i'm sort of new to this as well.
ive smoked a few times with my friends and i like to party, but ive never bought weed myself
so maybe this is a dumb question but just help me out ok!?

so, a few have said it is typical to break up the bud into really small pieces, so when you're going to pack a bowl to smoke with whoever, do you break up the weed ahead of time?
or is it typical to prepare it all when your gonna smoke ??

This is the silliest thread.

annieyeahh - are you asking about marijuana etiquette?

You can do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 06:29 am
i think u are joking but i like talking about weed and i have 3 hours to go before i get to go home so..

Yes, break up the weed, not entirely powder but more like, a little smaller than grains of rice.

if you want, break up your whole sack at once , i do it as needed though.

tada! if you cant figure out how to put the weed in the bowl then you are exiled from the land of intelligence.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 06:46 am
shewolfnm wrote:

gosh i miss weed..

Laughing classic!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 07:23 am
FYI take the seeds out. Razz
0 Replies

timeshocks

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 09:04 pm
I am so happy right now! Very Happy
0 Replies

bxtchtoken33

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:32 pm
@seibentage,
uhm you still have to packed a pipe you dumbass. and do you even know what your talking about? eff the joint, you only recieve 15% of the chemicals that make you high compared to a bowl which gives you 25% and a bong which gives you 30-40%.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:22 am
@bxtchtoken33,
**** statistics--just buy good weed and do it up old-fashioned, smoking your paraphenalia.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:44 am
@Gargamel,
Silly amateurs... the smartest smokers I know use one of these.

I’m told the machine is as expensive as it is efficient, but has long since paid for itself in efficiency-savings… with the added bonus of friends who share theirs in exchange for its use. Technology doesn’t suck.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:50 am
@OCCOM BILL,
was privy to a group of gents working to improve on the volcano the other day...

there are some rather interesting devices floating around.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:51 pm
@bxtchtoken33,
Quote:
uhm you still have to packed a pipe you dumbass. and do you even know what your talking about? eff the joint, you only recieve 15% of the chemicals that make you high compared to a bowl which gives you 25% and a bong which gives you 30-40%.

You just have two joints. That's 30% which is more than 25%. And no ******* about with affectations and status symbols.
0 Replies

TheSmartGuy

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:23 am
@Green Witch,
all recent studies show that it has no effect on the brain and that it would most likely help your brain if you have brain cancer by stimulating the brain cells. why do you think that they would give medical marijuana to cancer patients.
you would say that it causes brain cancer because you have been told that, but only one test said that it kills brain cells and MAY cause brain cancer and that test was done it 1972 at the beginning of the "war on drugs". the test was where they would take 60 Colombian joints and in the 70 this was the strongest weed available (witch is still very good ) and they would pump the smoke in to 50 monkeys through a gas mask every day, this took 5 min. so for 5 min every day the monkeys would not get any oxygen and after 3 min without oxygen brain cells die , so they concluded that marijuana kills brain cells . this test was poorly done the wanted those kinds of results because all the protests on Washington agents the Vietnam war were done by pot smoking hippies. so if the government could arrest them there would be no more protests. that about sums it up so do your research before you say stuff.

to learn more go to Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:36 am
There definitely is a right and wrong way to pack a bowl. I hate when people just jam a nug in there. It produces a shitty smoke which is ultimately unsatisfying.

Breaking it up is the way to go... increasing the surface area/mass ratio provides for a much more even burn and enjoyable experience.

I don't break my weed up more than a few hours in advance, b.c it does go stale quickly. Of course, it will still work, but it adds a little 'harshness' to it if you do that.

A good way to have a nice supply broken up for easy access however is to have a dugout. Break your **** up real tiny, pack it in real tight and then you're good to go at the concert.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 01:41 pm
@TheSmartGuy,
TheSmartGuy wrote:

why do you think that they would give medical marijuana to cancer patients.

Marijuana is a great anti-nausea drug and is used mostly for that effect on patients receiving chemo and other cancer fighting treatments.
0 Replies

megankristina

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:59 pm
@seibentage,
i think its easier to use a bowl
0 Replies

megankristina

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:00 pm
@KiwiChic,
every one needs to start at some time
0 Replies