OK, quick run down.... FOB means that they will deliver the goods to the port in China. These are the basic steps you must complete:
1. Get the right forms stamped by the authorities in China
2. Get a chinese shipping agent to load it onto a boat.
3. Get a US shipping agent to get it off at the other end.
4. Get everything through customs etc.
5. Get your stuff out of the port.
Your US shipping agent will probably handle your Chinese shipping agent. Try to find a US company that has a long stable relationship with their chinese counter-parts.
And remember that funigation in China should cost about $50-100. In the US you can get stung for up to $7'000.
Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]