[split] Navigating the site

Ethel2

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 02:11 pm
And one dirty glass for Blatham
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 02:53 pm
(wondering if LightWizard will get that reference)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:20 pm
Craven, can this prompt from the top of the page also be added to the bottom of the responses? "View topics with posts since your last visit (61)". If it's a 5 minute job, it's worth doing. If it takes 30 minutes, it probably isn't.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:32 pm
roger,

If you mean simply putting a link toward the bottom of the pages that performs the same function as that link it's a 5 minute job. But if you mean a new kind of search function it will be harder.

edit: One more thing, if you want a link at the bottom of topic pages because of the scrolling there is already an easy way to jump to the top.

Under the member info on every post there is a link to go to the top.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:15 pm
wow! that works, Craven. Thanks.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:21 pm
Okay, you mean that link has been there all this time and we didn't even notice (i.e. Lola, roger and me at least)? Boy, do I feel dumb.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:28 pm
The way I see it if you guys didn't notice it's in the wrong place. Eventually I'll overhaul the layout and make the navigation more intuitive (right now I'm using a heavily modified template of someone else's creation).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:56 pm
Well, honestly, I didn't see the back to the top option, but I was really wanting the link to new post since last visit. Yeah, I know - just how lazy can one man get!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:58 pm
But with the back to top it's better isn't it? Or would you still like the other link (I think the back to top is much more accesible than a link at the bottom would be).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:03 pm
Oh, no! If I can only have one, I want it just where it is. I want two. Small mouse pad, ya know? Keep running off the edge on the long scrolls.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:05 pm
No no, there can be two, but it would probably be better to have more accessible "top" links because that makes all the links up there a click away.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:06 pm
Hey, I just answered a different question of mine. Sometimes my posts have the 'edit' box only and sometimes there is 'edit' and 'delete'. Now I see you can only delete if there are no posts following.
0 Replies