Double Post Prevention added

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 10:52 am
Oh okay, the edit button and the X does show up on the last post. But not on a previous post.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 10:54 am
I double posted last night also, on the women's clothes thread (I think) - It happened when I clicked on Back button on my browser just after posting, a long time flaw in my posting behavior that I've tried to stop doing with some but not complete success.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 10:57 am
Foxfyre, you can only edit or delete up to the time someone else posts.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:08 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I hate to be the wet blanket here, but I double posted in the big Iraq thread just this morning.

Some double posts will get through. Some won't.

Ultimately, making it impossible to double post would cause other unwanted difficulties.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:15 am
Bugger! NOW when I want to emphasise a particularly informative or educational point, I will have to type it all over again, or enter it twice on the same post.

Bugger! NOW when I want to emphasise a particularly informative or educational point, I will have to type it all over again, or enter it twice on the same post.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:15 am
Well Craven, I can see one advantage to not permitting members to edit after another person has responded. I find that I am now personally using the "Preview" button each time that I post. In the past, I would post, find loads of typos, and edit. In this way, I am becoming much more careful about what I write, BEFORE I hit the "Submit" button!

That change, (and I assume that other members are doing the same thing) is probably reducing the load on the server.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 08:44 am
I just tried to post the same response on different threads - but after having post it once, hamster 87645343 reported that my post was identical to my last post and was prevented by the double post filter.

As said, the second time it was a different thread.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 08:50 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I just tried to post the same response on different threads - but after having post it once, hamster 87645343 reported that my post was identical to my last post and was prevented by the double post filter.

As said, the second time it was a different thread.

Ahh. It's a glorious day at A2K.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 09:24 am
That hamster will be flogged.

No, wait, maybe we'll put off the flogging and just make it watch reruns of "Joey".
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:05 am
You mean it is now impossible to post the same bilge on a half dozen different threads? Some people may have to actually write a sentence to get their point across. This could be interesting. Smile
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:40 am
i hope double posts by different users are still allowed. otherwise, we'll lose a much cherished phenomenon on the WHAT'S NEXT? thread, which devriesj has dubbed "a2k mind meld."
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:13 pm
interesting point there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:37 pm
interesting point there.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:43 pm
The original announcement indicated that it would be a double post by the same poster
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:26 pm
And it's double posts on the same topic. It's just to prevent people from clicking again and again because they think a post isn't going through, and then ending up with six posts in a row, all identical, all by the same person on the same topic.

Your usual control-c, control-v will work, just like it always has.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:34 pm
Noted it last night. Muito obrigato, Crave.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 04:29 am
Still seeing up to 3 duplicates happening on more than one thread.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 05:00 am
Are you now? I noticed a double yesterday but chalked it up to some bugs still being worked out...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 11:52 am
On the last page, Craven said this about that -

Craven de Kere wrote:

Some double posts will get through. Some won't.

Ultimately, making it impossible to double post would cause other unwanted difficulties.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 11:33 am
Thanks for the clarification...I had just seen one of mine from a day or so back and it almost made me balk.
0 Replies