No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 05:49 pm
So?
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 08:26 pm
Sorry Paul,

I feel that in this day and age a single mother has marginalized herself.

Forming companies in order to more efficiently allocate resources, provide a better product and enjoy a more abundant lifestyle has been proven to be a successful economic model.

A mechanic :wink: who fails to co-operate with others in a repair shop soon finds himself without the costly equipment necessary to maintain cars efficiently. Effectively marginalized Exclamation

A doctor without access to a "CAT" scanner, an operating room, or nurses is likewise unable to do what, in todays world, is considered safe through and efficient. The family doctor that makes house calls and delivers babies on the dining room table has been effectively marginalized.

A woman who choses to bear a child without forming an association that has as its reason for existence the care and nuturing of human infants has also put herself at the margins of society. For thousands of years people have formed into families,tribes,cities and nations.

There isn't much that can be done about it! The family has still proven to be the most successful model for child rearing. Any other method tried yet is inferior in some respect.

As a society we must not make it any worse, but unfortunetly we often allow our governors, and our fundies (sometimes one and the same) to make the worst of a bad situation.

As a single mother there will be nobody to share the workload. Houses, cars,TV sets,computers,groceries, and doctors all are geared to the "family model".
If one choses to be a single mother you should be well aware that you have picked a rough row to hoe. And if you are only sixteen or so you can have no inkling of how rough it is going to get Exclamation

Read Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter".

Paul, The world has embraced the "capitalistic" company forming model. Even the "San" form familial associations. Few children have been successfully raised in a one woman shop. I would venture to say probably no children have been without some sort of extended family to help Exclamation

Thats Why it's "So" :wink: Or I'd rather say that that's how it works Exclamation (See my tag line) Best
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 06:12 am
Re: MARGINALIZATION OF SINCLE MOTHERS
paul andrew bourne wrote:
Paul Andrew Bourne, B.Sc. (Hons); Dip. Edu.

INTRODUCTION

Contemporary societies
bla bla bla
CONCLUSION

The state is the arm of the people that sees, addresses and mediates on the behalf of the disadvantage, and must ensure that inequalities are remedied as long as they exist. The orthodox expectation of social habitation is changing, and the state must legislate in order to current and reduce the present inequalities that bla bla bla.

SPAM
0 Replies