Religious stuffs really making me irritated

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 01:21 am
I don't know why; if it's just me, or anybody. When I saw the atmosphere from people of Middle-East or environments, it makes me feel sick. I don't just hate Jewish, I hate people from Middle-East or with the strong disposition of Middle-East stupid religious states of being. I, personally, am a scientific-ism person. I love technology, and I hate anything based on stupid religion. If no religion interfere, the world's technical progress would have been grateful. because of those stupid religiong their own-gayly made moralities, our technology innovations would have been slowed. Seriously, who in the world ******* cares about religion? Man, we should get rid of those religion-based things and bomb the ******* Middle-East till it becomes a dust. I also heard German soldier, Hitler, has killed many Jews. But I looked up on my dictionary, for Indo-European, west German spoke German and yiddish, which was Jewish based language. If German was a place where part of Hebrew culture evolved, why they killed Jewish? As I know, many Europeans dislike Jewish, even now. But if then, why did they borrown alphabetics from Semetics and Hebrew? Shouldn't old-time Europeans revise and borrow from other countries (eg. Mongolia or China) and developed into modern language? I don't like anything having to do with god-stuffs. No god in this world, NO GOD.

In this world, the biosphere is composed of basically electrons, protons, neutrons, and gethering up--atom, the basic unit that build up life. And we humen are made up of hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon three basically matters. There is no god.

Is Bill Gates his ancestor from Jewish part? Just a wonder. Seriosuly, I see that as a good sign: the entertainments of Japan starting to take over US markets. In someday or so, US people will speak Japanese or Mandarin rather than hebrew-invented-and-later-than-transmit-by-Rome English.

And have you guys found out that: there is more population from German look more like Jewish than France and England? Personally, I don't want to relate Middle-East a part of Asia. It's more a thriw-world old-tme forgotten and disposed areas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,681 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:53 am
Yawn...... http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59547
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:59 am
Its a free country he can air his opinion.
He is just into science and not religion which makes more sense at times.

I think the bombing is a bit extreme but I think he is just expressing how passionate he feels about it.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:43 am
Have you fully researched him.MG?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 06:26 am
I think he's a Chinese troll sent here by his pinko government just to annoy us and keep us from doing our jobs.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:33 am
Green Witch--

Make nice, honey--or speak Chinese.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:58 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Have you fully researched him.MG?

Er no, I like to pay more attention to my own life or the life of my friends.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:10 am
S/he appears to be very easily irritated.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:25 pm
He wants to bomb the Middle East? Hates Middle Easterners. Gee, if I said something like that, I'd be called a bigot.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:28 pm
He's oviously an ignorant child who doesn't know any real Muslims, who don't believe in hate and blowing up innocent people.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:31 pm
This reads like another of his thinly veiled attempts to convince us to speak Mandarin. A bit more clever, in a weird way, than earlier efforts...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:39 pm
Then he needs to be addressing only the Red State people. : )

I love Manderin food, I must confess. The spicier dishes are my favorite, like General Tsoa Chicken. That's some good stuff. Some places fix it so you feel like a bombs going off in your mouth, though.

Maybe that's what he's talking about.
0 Replies

vfr

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:58 pm
Re: Religious stuffs really making me irritated
ps2huang wrote:
I don't know why; if it's just me, or anybody. When I saw the atmosphere from people of Middle-East or environments, it makes me feel sick. I don't just hate Jewish, I hate people from Middle-East or with the strong disposition of Middle-East stupid religious states of being....

If you can switch the predisposition for fostering hatred for others into compassion, you can enjoy peace within your own life. As James Allen wrote in 'As A Man Thinketh': "To think well of all, to be cheerful with all, to patiently learn to find the good in all - such unselfish thoughts are the very portals of heaven; and to dwell day by day in thoughts of peace toward every creature will bring abounding peace to their possessor." This doesn't mean we have to not be concerned with danger to our well being by any particular group. but, it also reminds us we will never be at peace by fostering hatred for another.

On page 90 of the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 and 12 the writers mention how the addict cannot afford 'justifiable anger' and it should be left to those better qualified to handle it. With reference to this statement -- it is gospel - there is no argument here. We can always settle such disputes by looking deeply into the person, place, thing or emotion in question and ask if it helps or hurts our recovery program? Does having anger and hatred in our hearts ever increase our peace or does it diminish it? Even if we are justified, so called, in having this emotion does it magically become a peace generator in our life with this newfound license to hate? Or is it still a peace buster whether we have an excuse to be angry or not? The path is clear about which direction to take and all that remains is the release of the anger through compassion of others, inventory work and a conscious contact with God / HP instead of the conscious effort at harboring anger and hatred. Developing insight into the other persons suffering as my Buddhist practice recommends also helps me with releasing anger as well as praying for the individual as the 12 step programs tells us to do. Tired of being angry? Just relinquish control and anger will be diminished. Anger and control go hand in hand.

I was at a religious discussion one time where the group was composed of a wide spectrum of believers and non believers. One atheist said he ran his life by the golden rule. Another person piped up that the golden rule came from the bible, which made the atheist wince. The atheist seemed to take pride in his self sufficiency and did not like to run his life by anything that came out of the bible. Every religion was made by man and as such every religion is imperfect as it is run by man. Despite these imperfections, each religion also has many "perfection's" within it as well. We can still be open to peace generating tools from any of the religions and spiritual traditions that are available to us if we are serious about being at peace. This requires us to run our life by truth and not by prejudice. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them" (Matthew 7:12). Nowadays this verse is commonly referred to as "The Golden Rule," and is more commonly quoted as: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Now, whether you believe in God or believe in Jesus or are an atheist or Buddhist does this wisdom not apply to you? In this case, you can adopt a peace generating tool from the Christians and apply it to your life irrespective of your religious beliefs or lack thereof. Wisdom for living a life at peace is all around us for the taking. But many of us get blinded with labels and personal prejudices. As such, I practice from many religious and spiritual traditions without problems or prejudices and readily look for such gifts irrespective of what label they come under - on the contrary I am most grateful wherever I find them.

The Muslims have a practice of praying five times a day to Allah. For those that do not know, Allah is the same God of the Jews and of the Old Testament that the Christians worship. The Muslims pray at sun up, when the sun is at its zenith at noon, when the sun is part way down in the afternoon, when the sun sets and when they go to bed. Even though I am a Christian and not a Muslim, I borrowed from the Muslim's prayer schedule to use as a reminder for my own prayers. If you are an Atheist you can borrow the Muslim's prayer schedule to be mindful of "gratitude" in your life - you can commune with the universe for all the good that that has been given to you at these same prayer times the Muslims use. If you do not want to develop a practice of gratitude, then what about using it as a reminder 5 times a day to relax your breath, practice mindfulness and bring your thoughts back to the present moment? When you have come to a point of gratitude for being able to open your eyes in the morning and being able to take a breath of air everything else is just gravy so to speak. Gratitude plays an important part with finding inner peace, just as being mindful of the present moment and being aware of anything that causes this mindfulness to wander.

A group of Catholic nuns has a motto of "Charity, Simplicity and Humility." Are these not all qualities we can benefit from whether Jew, Protestant or Atheists? If we think not, then what about developing peace from the opposite end of the spectrum by using Selfishness, Complex Living and Pride? Well, all these qualities whether they be the first group or the second are needed for a balanced life. The key here is that of balance and not to get too far in the extreme territory - for even though water and air are life sustaining necessities, too much of them will still kill us. The point I am trying to make is this; no need to discriminate or form prejudices against other religions - just take what you can apply from these spiritual traditions and use it in your own life to develop peace and contentment within yourself - all it takes is being honest, open and willing.

One time I asked an old Catholic priest if he ever studied about Buddhism when he was training in the seminary. He scowled at me like I was the devil shaking his head and quickly walking away from me. If he was a little more open minded to finding inner peace he might have been able to adopt a few peace generating tools from the Buddhists. Many monotheists believe that Buddhists worship the Buddha like he was a God / god. Well, some do, the misguided ones, but the Buddha was just a human, like the rest of us. Some misguided Christians worship the Pope or a favorite saint, so this worshiping of humans is not limited to the Buddhists. Before leaving his family and princely life for that of a renunciate, the Buddha was Prince Siddhartha of India. Some of Siddhartha's concepts were borrowed from the Hindu's. He added a few things and now other spiritual practitioners are borrowing them from him. Catholic priests are not exempt from being at peace either as the recent headlines shows. With just a little open mindedness, that old priest could have made use of many easily adopted peace generating tools from Buddhism. If you look into your own life, you will see anyone can make use of these 3 pillars of Buddhism that are common to all schools of Buddhist practice. Such tools are available to all irrespective of their religious beliefs or lack thereof. What is stopping you from your life of inner peace?

1- Practicing mindfulness and meditation to develop peace and self awareness of our own true nature.

2- Accepting the liberating wisdom of impermanence and practicing non-clinging and a lessening of craving and desires.

3- The development of compassion for others.

The Gnostic gospel of Thomas was not included in the New Testament due to prejudice. Gnosticism was persecuted at that time and the bishop in charge of what went into the bible only wanted 4 gospels in the new testament. The reason the bishop liked the idea of 4 gospels stemmed from his predisposition with the number 4. There were 4 seasons, 4 directions , (north, south, east and west), the human body had 4 limbs and so on. Jesus' quote in Thomas's gospel sums up man's quest for enlightenment very succinctly in an almost eastern like fashion.

"The disciples asked Jesus, when will the kingdom come? Jesus replied, 'The kingdom will not come by watching for it. It will not be said - look here or look there. Rather, the kingdom of heaven is spread out upon the earth and men do not see it."

The seeds of enlightenment are all around us - we only have to seek the truth and come to peace within to realize this if our guiding light is truth and not prejudice.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:05 pm
VFR - First, welcome to A2k. I am also a Voluntary Simplicity fan.
As to the matter at hand:
I am afraid your efforts will be wasted on Mr. Huang. He is in the early stages of learning english and you probably lost him by the fifth word of your post.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:07 pm
Well...I do not agree with almost anything Huang wrote here...

...except his title.

Religious stuffs really making me irritated, too, Huang.

But you really shouldn't let it pop your cork that way!
0 Replies

vfr

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:09 pm
Green Witch wrote:
VFR - First, welcome to A2k. I am also a Voluntary Simplicity fan.
As to the matter at hand:
I am afraid your efforts will be wasted on Mr. Huang. He is in the early stages of learning english and you probably lost him by the fifth word of your post.

Thanks for the welcome. I seldom get back to read comments, so glad I caught yours. These words are for all as well as myself, so they are not wasted. As I write them and read them I am reminded to practice them as well. Good Luck!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:10 pm
There is a very big difference between being an atheist and being a bigot. I know some very compassionate atheists. I have never met a compassionate bigot. PS2Huang is a bigot.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:14 pm
Hey Frank - for a guy who is turned off by religion and such, I noticed you spend a lot of time posting in the Spirituality forum. Is it like a homophobic guy who hangs out at gay bars ?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:19 pm
At least he's being honest in his opinions.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:21 pm
Is Ps2 with us any more, GW?

I noticed one of his diatribes had been removed, and I haven't noticed any recent stuff from him.

Maybe he has gone back to the planet Zarcon.
0 Replies