Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,468 • Replies: 11
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 01:18 pm
bm
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 01:26 pm
What is wrong with the fact that the President really believes in his actions being righteous and justified? Would you prefer a hypocrite that thinks one thing, does the second, and says the third?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 03:54 pm
steissd wrote:
What is wrong with the fact that the President really believes in his actions being righteous and justified? Would you prefer a hypocrite that thinks one thing, does the second, and says the third?

COMMENT:

No, Steissd, I would prefer a leader who is not a hypocrite -- who does not say one thing, think another, and say a third.

Unfortunately, that is what we have here in George Bush.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 03:57 pm
I disagree: I consider Mr. Bush being very much coherent in his stance and way of thinking.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 04:08 pm
steissd wrote:
I disagree: I consider Mr. Bush being very much coherent in his stance and way of thinking.

COMMENT:

That doesn't surprise me, Steissd. I've paid lots of attention to your reasoning on other things. ;-}

(Hey, you offered the line!)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 04:24 pm
once again the facts get lost in the rhetoric....it's a damn long way from believing your actions are right and justified to believing God personally calls you to go to war........

I believe that I make an honest effort to lead a right life, but I can't remember when God and I got together to discuss my game plan personally.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 04:36 pm
Frank do you have some specific examples?

Quote:
who does not say one thing, think another, and say a third.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:19 pm
husker wrote:
Frank do you have some specific examples?

Quote:
who does not say one thing, think another, and say a third.

COMMENT:

When Bush came into office -- the economy was flying high. He had promised the rich a tax cut -- and he insisted that the tax cut was necessary to cool the economy. Besides which, in times of surplus, he argued, we should not be taking in more than we needed.

Then, under his delicate touch, the economy went south. He then started to insist that the tax cut was needed to heat up the economy. And he simply did away with any questions about need for the money.

As for the war -- why you could write books about the different, often mutually exclusive. reasons for why we were going to war.

All over the place.

There are many things George Bush is -- but "coherent in his stance and way of thinking" is NOT one of them.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 04:29 am
Bush and God in the same sentence makes my skin crawl!!!!

Steissd
Once again I disagree. Bush is an abusive bastard!!!!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 05:29 am
Bush believes he was called by God to lead the nation at this time

Bin Laden believes he was called by God to lead the nation at this time

What's the difference?

"And terrorists are acting out of love sweet love
To bring us home again"
-David Byrne
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 07:42 am
War is infinitely more interesting to those in power than sorting through the mundane issues of leading a nation, such as the economy.
0 Replies