Does anyone else feel this way about music?

timberbranch

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:38 pm
This run-on sentence is about the transition from the hard-rockin' teen ager, through the "head music" and reggae for your drug-ridden twenties, the jazzy Miles Davis for your thirties, country western for your two-steppin' forties, until you finally get nostalgic enough to crank up the rock like you used to when you were a kid.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 08:17 pm
In answer to the launch post question...

no.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:05 am
snood wrote:
In answer to the launch post question...

no.

Actually snood, I believe your answer would more accurately be...."no, I don't

not arguing, just that, as written, my question...does anybody feel like this? got your response of "no (nobody feels) like this."

just a point.

I fully appreciate how much many people love music.

Without looking back and reading everything, I think one of my goals of starting this was perhaps to (a) express myself
(b) find out just how rare not really enjoying music is
(c) perhaps providing some kind of validation to someone else that feels this way that they aren't a complete oddball.

I don't know if it's in this thread or another one...it's honestly not worth investigating, I'm just talkin'...

At one point, I think I expressed this feeling of annoyance when, people who would say essentially, "a person can listen to any kind of music they want, I respect that".....but at a future time, when I would say "I like (fill in the blank)" only to get the response of, basically "oh, they suck"

As predicted, some responded they wouldn't do that...because of this "respect"

Then, later at some point. Bear (not picking on him, just that he was the one who said this, and I know he's a musician) said in a post something like "That's the saddest thing I heard" about not liking music.....What happened to the respect? Or maybe it was feeling sorry for someone like that...again...not going to look up the exact wording...the feeling was there.

Sure, you could say that's not the same thing as saying "that choice of music sucks", but it's pretty close.

Out of one side of someones mouth, (didn't have to be Bear)...I hear "I respect you choices of music" and out of the other I hear "that's sad", "i feel sorry for you".

Well, don't feel sad, don't feel sorry...I could say I feel sorry for someone who needs the input.....see?

funny...on some thread, somewhere, people were making fun of, criticizing Phil Collins...I don't know if they were joking or not....you know what? I like Phil Collins. Wouldn't sit around listening for hours, but when I hear one of his songs...I like it....and I said so on the thread.

Response was, as you could predict was that he sucked...well, thanks for respecting my view.

I'm writing this in a totally light hearted way. I know not liking sound/music is not the norm...but it's nice knowing you're not alone in feeling that way.

thanks for bringing that up snood.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:42 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I've always hated trying to converse in a bar or restaurant when there is music blaring in the background.

Good music deserves one's full attention.

amen to that
0 Replies