Life after death exist!

medea

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 08:33 am
Saw on TV a show that discussed some aspects of life, they had an
interview with a scientist that works for this place:
http://www.liberfoundation.com He says that they found undeniable
evidence for life after death, hey, that is fine by me!
Cause I don't wont to die and its forever, do you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,067 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 08:52 am
Anyone who says that there is "undeniable evidence for life after death" is a fool.

If you want to guess there is life after death -- do so.

If you want to guess there is no life after death -- do so.

Best, though, you emphasize that you are guessing -- and that you do not know.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 09:23 am
Quote:
When we die is it just the beginning of something else?

Yes, I believe that is is the beginning of something else, but probably not to what you are referring. I believe in the scientific concept of "conservation of energy". When we die we go back into the earth, and our bodies are recycled. We just become part of the earth.

Let's say that we died, and our bodies were buried, but not in coffins. We would become part of the grass or flowers that would grow over where we are buried. In that sense, we never die!
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 10:12 am
I think that an answer to the question of the poll refers to the field of belief, and not of scientific knowledge. IMO, it will never be proven or disproven, hence ignorabimus. I believe in immortal soul, post-mortem judgment, paradise, purgatory and hell, in general, in everything that the mainstream Christian point of view on the problem implies.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:30 pm
good...me 2
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:44 pm
I see no evidence we are destined for an afterlife. I have to go with Phoenix on this.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:45 pm
Ditto Phoenix!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:09 pm
I dearly wish there could be proof of an afterlife, one way or the other.

Lacking proof, I have faith there is an afterlife.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 03:25 am
could do with another option or 2, like I don't know or I hope there is!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 03:05 pm
I believe in the principles of karma but frankly consider it's effect on this life and not on another possible incarnation. I don't know if the fact that I'm open to the possibility means that I believe it though.

I also think about this - When my father died from Alzheimer's disease he left his body to science. Since then there have been some amazing breakthroughs in the treatment of the disease (for which his body may or may not have contributed). To me, the knowledge gained from his death is a continuation of his life. Couldn't that be considered the beginning of something else?

I guess I'm with Dek - the yes and no answers are just a bit too limiting.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 03:14 pm
Are those who wish they knew the answer also more inclined to wish that the answer was yes?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 04:52 pm
patiodog wrote:
Are those who wish they knew the answer also more inclined to wish that the answer was yes?

I'm not one of those who wish they knew -- but your question caught my qattention.

Actually, if the answer is that there is life after death -- I'd just as soon not know. I want to enjoy the remainder of my time here.

If I knew there was an afterlife -- I'd realize that the theists were correct about that. And if they were correct about that -- they might well be correct about the other things.

I have no desire to be wondering about spending eternity suffering excruciating torture just because I wouldn't suck up to the gods currently in fashion.

Of course, if I KNEW there were an afterlife -- and that I would be sitting on cloud nine for the rest of eternity -- maybe that wouldn't be too bad.
0 Replies

ronmac60

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:56 pm
Paradise, purgatory, hell etc
Steissd and others. These topics have always provided exciting after dinner talk for centuries.

The theme of "reward and punishment" is, I think a good one. When someone is about to commit a foolish or harmful act, he/she is oftn deterred from doing so when the "little voice" says " Do you know the consequewnces of what you are about to do and then, DESISTS.

As for rewards, I think it is vain to expect them. The inner feeling of satisfaction at the moment should suffice. However I disagree with some of the catholic church's people who have or will be rewarded.

Two examples are the Pope who refused to plead for the jews of Rome who were jailed just a few feet away from the Vatican in WW2. These thousands were hearded out and sent to death in concentration camps.
Yet this same Pope is about to be made a saint. (Unblievable!)

A second example is Cardinal Ratzinger who has been given every reward the Pope can bestow, even though this man has introduced rules in his church forbidding any priest to call any Proterstant church by that name, but instead claiming that all non-catholic churches are "defective" and are NOT really churches at all but merely "relgious communities".
(Unbelievable but true of you choose to read it in the enclyclical called
Dominus Iesus.
0 Replies