Here In Cali...

Pitter

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 03:47 pm
Colombia there's a big outfit called Home Center in the style of the huge US lumber, tool and everything else stores. I was amazed to see lag screws individually packaged in plastic bags (but glad to find them as there is almost no wood construction here). I was also amazed when I got home and opened a thirty piece socket set I bought there. The 3/8ths ratchet drive fit four of the sockets. All the rest are for the included 1/4 drive with screw driver handle. A great item for Consumer Reports last page "Selling It" section if it were sold in the US.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 977 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 08:53 pm
I love that page, Pitter.

You need to watch those "295 tools for only xx.x dollars." Sometimes they count each of the 87 English and metric allen wrenches, and the 50 hacksaw blades.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:31 pm
Of course they would count those here and maybe the box they came in.
0 Replies