Lack of War Opposition

gollum

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2024 07:35 pm
The war in Afghanistan cost the U.S. about $2.3 trillion, deaths of over 2,300 G..'s plus thousands of lives of U.S. contractors, allied troops, Afghanistan soldier deaths, & Afghanistan civilians.

In Ukraine, there are over 6 million refugees. The U.S. has spent about $75 billion in Ukraine since Russia's invasion.

Why is there such popular opposition to Israel trying to remove the murderous Hamas, but I didn't hear a peep in Afghanistan or Ukraine?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 733 • Replies: 47
No top replies

The Anointed

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2024 09:50 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
Why is there such popular opposition to Israel trying to remove the murderous Hamas,

Because it is necessary for the Hamas terrorist government to receive such world-wide support for the prophecies of the Lord to be fulfilled.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 06:54 am
It's because Ukraine is fighting for its freedom while in Palestine an occupying army is carrying out genocide.

33,000+ dead Palestinians, not including thousands more unaccounted for.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 07:06 am
Before the incursion into Gaza the Israeli president called the Palestinians "human animals" and boasted that he would starve them to death.

Not, Hamas, Palestinians, a whole race of people.

We can't say we didn't see this coming.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 12:31 pm
@izzythepush,
What is your source for the 33,000+ dead Palestinians?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 02:04 pm
@gollum,
Widely reported and accepted by the UN.

And the real figure is much higher.

I see you don't dispute what the Israeli president said.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 02:31 pm
I don't wish to argue with you about the whys and wherefores.

You asked why there were no protests about aid to Ukraine while there were those about aid to Israel.

It's because a lot of people are of the opinion that Israel is committing genocide.

That's why.

And this didn't happen in a vacuum. Israel has persecuted Palestinians for decades. The occupation is brutal and the blockade of Gaza inhumane.

On the day of the Hamas atrocities the BBC interviewed a journalist from Haaretz. He said Gaza was a prison and something like this was bound to happen.
gollum

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 03:02 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush-

As to "Israel has persecuted Palestinians for decades. The occupation is brutal and the blockade of Gaza inhumane."

Israel unilaterally withdrew from certain areas, such as the Gaza Strip, in 2005. Israel evacuated all of its settlements and military installations in Gaza and withdrew its forces, effectively ending its military occupation there.

I think Israel does not wish to be a brutal occupier but to give back land to avoid being a brutal occupier.

I think the blockade may be necessary for Israel to protect itself from attack.

I think the Egyptians are also blockading Gaza. However, the world appears to give Egypt a pass.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 03:13 pm
@gollum,
It blockaded Gaza, turned it into a prison.

That's not giving back land.

It needs to withdraw from Gaza and the West Bank and dismantle illegal settlements.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 03:15 pm
@gollum,
Egypt is worried Gaza is being ethnically cleansed and any Palestinians who leavewill not be allowed back.

That's not a pass.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 03:20 pm
@gollum,
I think you don't want to accept the ugly truth about the occupation, and I understand why.

Unfortunately Israel is governec by an extremist Neanyahu. Likud has a very fascistic past.

Among other things they offered nuclear weapons to South African prime ministef Paul Vorster.

He was a Nazi and was interned by the British during WW2 for supporting Hitler, yet Israel offered him nukes.
gollum

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 03:47 pm
@izzythepush,
As to "It blockaded Gaza, turned it into a prison,"

I think after voluntarily withdrawing from Gaza, it blockaded it to prevent attacks on Israel.

I agree with you that there are some illegal settlements. I think part of Netanyahu's government also agrees.

Why doesn't Egypt open the border?
Glennn

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 04:11 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
Israel unilaterally withdrew from certain areas, such as the Gaza Strip, in 2005. Israel evacuated all of its settlements and military installations in Gaza and withdrew its forces, effectively ending its military occupation there.

In October 2004 the Knesset approved Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s plan to “disengage” from the Gaza Strip in 2005 by withdrawing its military forces and Jewish settlements, although the plan will leave Israel in control of Gaza’s borders, coastline, and airspace. This move will not end Israel’s occupation of Gaza or its responsibility for the well-being of its inhabitants.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2005/country-chapters/israel/palestine
gollum

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 04:29 pm
@Glennn,
While Israel maintains control over some aspects of Gaza's borders, particularly its airspace & maritime borders, Egypt controls the southern border.

Following Israel's unilateral withdrawal from the Gaza Strip in 2005, it implemented a blockade along with Egypt, restricting the movement of goods and people in and out of Gaza. This blockade has been a subject of controversy and criticism from humanitarian organizations, as it has significantly affected the living conditions of the Gazan population.

The purpose of the blockade is to protect Israel from attack.

Egypt's control over the southern border with Gaza, particularly the Rafah border crossing, has also been significant. Egypt has intermittently opened and closed the Rafah crossing, affecting the movement of people and goods between Gaza and Egypt.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 02:40 am
@gollum,
There was no negotiation.

Israel wanted a diminished Palestinian state on its terms.

And Israel funded Hamas in the first place.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 02:45 am
Israeli terrorists murdered British soldiers and medical staff in the King David Hotel bombing.

They kidnapped and tortured to death British soldiers.

That's the thanks we get for liberating Belsen.

Israel has always been a covert hostile power.

British women are gang raped by the IDF in Cyprus on a regular basis.

Such hatred all because of the British mandate in Palestine.

The Palestinians have it much worse, they are enslaved.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 03:10 am
The last Israeli prime minister who was genuinely concerned about peace and a two state solution was Yitzhak Rabin.

He was murdered by Israeli terrorists in 1995 and since then there has been nothing concrete.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 03:23 am
There's a colonial attitude, and I know all about that.

My great aunt was married to a major during the British Raj.

Two stories stick out from my childhood.

One was how my uncle was nearly killed by a naked oiled up man who slipped into his tent to steal.

The other was about a cook who would put water in his mouth to spit in the pastry when cooking.

Both these stories demonstrate criminal, unhygienic and childish behaviour.

I was never told about Ghandi, non violent protest or the brutal repression of ordinary Indians.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 04:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush-

What is the evidence that Israel offered him (S. Africa) nuclear weapons?
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 05:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush-

How can the IDF rape British women in Cyprus?

1. Forums
  2. » Lack of War Opposition
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 04:47:11