Lack of War Opposition

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 05:40 am
@gollum,
They go on holiday there.

Quote:
A group of young Israeli men have been detained in Cyprus after local police said they needed time to investigate accusations of gang-rape from a British woman on holiday in Ayia Napa.

The five men, all aged 19 or 20, were remanded on order of a district court magistrate in Famagusta for a further eight days after their arrest late on Sunday. The Briton, who is 20 and cannot legally be identified, told police she had been sexually assaulted by the Israelis after being “taken by force” from the pool area of her hotel to her room.

“They will be kept in custody in our holding cells in Paralimni,” said a police officer in Ayia Napa. “We take these allegations seriously.” The Briton was described as “highly distressed.”

The allegations – made on the eve of an official visit to Cyprus by the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu – have evoked memories of a similar case when a British student accused 12 Israeli teenagers of gang-rape in Ayia Napa.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/04/men-detained-cyprus-accusation-gang-rape-british-woman-holiday
gollum

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 06:26 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush-

This was a terrible and criminal act by the Israeli rapists.

Unfortunately, I think that rapes occur in all countries including Israel.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 06:58 am
@gollum,
It's the sense of impunity.

They can treat Palestinians however they want and act accordingly when they go to Cyprus.

It's not just rape, it's gang rape with up to 12 perpetrators, there's something particularly military about that.

Conscription plays a big part.

When most groups of lads from western countries go on holiday most of them won't have seen military service, but with conscription it's not just one or two it's everyone.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 07:09 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

Unfortunately, I think that rapes occur in all countries including Israel.

Gang rape is also a problem in India, but it stays in India.

Indian youths do not go abroad to commit gang rapes.

That may have more to do with income than anything else, but the point remains, gang rape is a problem with off duty IDF personnel holidaying in the Mediterranean.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 08:15 am
@gollum,
Quote:
The purpose of the blockade is to protect Israel from attack.

No it isn't. It's to make life miserable for the people the Israelis hate. You'll know you've fallen for their bullshit when you give them a free pass to commit war crimes against anyone they choose, including kids and newborns.

nutanyahoo has rallied his troops, informing them that their god has given them permission to wipe Gaza off the map along with its inhabitants because they're actually the Amalekites that god gave them permission to commit genocide against. How do you get past that kind of religious nuttery and fall for it when they call genocide self defense?

Were the Israelis also defending themselves when they attacked and murdered U.S. military personnel aboard the USS Liberty in 1967, and when they did their best to sink their vessel? The answer is no; they were not defending themselves. They committed an act of war against the United States (their ally!), and the boys in Washington gave them a free pass. What's up with that? And now they're doing it again. They've given nutanyahoo a free pass to commit war crimes against Gazans. Again, what's up with that?
gollum

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 02:34 pm
@Glennn,
Why did Israel attack the USS Liberty?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 05:09 pm
@gollum,
The attack on the USS Liberty is well documented.

You'd be better off googling it and finding out for yourself.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 05:58 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
Why did Israel attack the USS Liberty?

One of the reasons could have been that the USS Liberty was a spy ship.
gollum

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 06:16 pm
@The Anointed,
Who was the U.S. spying on? Its ally, Israel?

What was Israel's plan in attacking the USS Liberty? To sink her? To put her out of commission?

How does that achieve the goals of the Israeli government?

How did Israeli leaders plan to explain its attack on a U.S. ship to the U.S. and to the world? Would it achieve its goal(s) by attacking a ship of its largest by far (sole?) benefactor while in the middle of a war for its survival?
Glennn

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 06:32 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
One of the reasons could have been that the USS Liberty was a spy ship.

So it was an act of war, wasn't it?

Was there something in particular the Israelis were worried about its U.S. ally seeing?
The Anointed

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 08:05 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Was there something in particular the Israelis were worried about its U.S. ally seeing?

How would I know? You would have to ask one of the commanding officers of the day. I only suggested, the fact that the USS Liberty was a spy ship could have been one of many possible reasons.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2024 04:09 am
@gollum,
Do you not have google?

This event is well documented.

In a nushell the Liberty was attacked because Israel didn't want any witnesses to warcrimes being committrd in Arab villages.

It's well documented, find out for yourself.
gollum

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2024 04:30 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush-

I apologize for my alleged ignorance. I read about it in Wikipedia.org .

In my (maybe ignorance) it strains credulity that the small nation of Israel would attack its main (or sole) benefactor, the U.S.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2024 05:11 am
@gollum,
Lots of things about Israel strain credulity.

One reason is the power of Evagelical Christians.

They don't really care about Jewish people, their support is conditional upon a belief that they will convert in the final days.

Annointed is one of those.

He's just started a thread about anti vaccination class action. And that conspiracy nonsense is deeply antisemitic.

Myths have an enduring capability, the myth of a small plucky nation surrounded by powerful enemies, but surviving is quite heart warming.

And there has to be some sort of payback for the Holocaust.

It's easy to believe in that without looking at the day to day reality.

Americans are notoriously awful at Geography in general, far more concerned with domestic than world events.

It's not the case over here, we have a lot of international news. And as far as Israel goes the collapse of the British mandate in Palestine with terrorist bombings and the kidnap, torture and murder of British personnel pretty much shattered any rose tinted spectacles we may have had.

You really should look these things up for yourself. Wikipedia is very good.

If you ask questions of people on here you're likely to get answered that are biased, and that includes me.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2024 04:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Annointed is one of those.

Wrong again old mate. You don't seem to be having much luck at all, do you?
My whole mission is to gather in the lost sheep and bring them back from Rome to Jerusalem and the true faith.

Revelation 18……
Come out of her my people do not share in her sins
You must not share her punishment, her judgement day has come
Her sins are piled to heaven and God recalls her evil ways
She says; “I am no widow” and I’ll never see the grave.
Because of that, in just one day disease will strike her down
Plagues and famine she’ll receive till finally she’ll be burned.
You must pay her back two-fold for all that she has done
Fill her cup as she filled yours, but make it twice as strong.
For all the glory she has claimed and all her luxury
Must be repaid this very day with pain and misery.

Quote:
He's just started a thread about anti vaccination class action. And that conspiracy nonsense is deeply antisemitic.

The link that was supplied in that thread showing the dangers of some of the untried drugs that were used on the innocent guinea pigs, must have frightened hell out of some who had that link quickly removed.

Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2024 02:29 pm
@The Anointed,
So, you believe that of all the time in history, an intelligent god chose to make itself known to humans whose intellectual development was so stunted that they believed that killing an animal and offering up the bloody corpse to it would buy them temporary divine mercy from their "divine" god?

I would suggest that humans at that level of development were ripe for the pickin' and lo and behold, there came the pickers.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2024 03:07 pm
@Glennn,
You and Annointed could start a thread.

Which of you is the bigger stranger to reason?
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2024 04:58 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
I would suggest that humans at that level of development were ripe for the pickin' and lo and behold, there came the pickers.

And I would suggest that you, at your stunted level of intellectual development compared to the humans of a thousand years in the future, have made many erroneous suggestions in your ignorant past and will make many more in the future, such as believing that ‘YOU’, the mind that has been developing and continues to develop within that body that cannot achieve the higher level of life, as flesh and blood cannot inter into that dimension, will cease to exist when the flesh is returned to the elements from which it was created and in so believing, will not be among the harvest.

What is the reward that the mind receives?
Surely it is --- what that mind believes
So the mind that rejects eternity
When freed from its body, where will it be?

What is that body that gave to you birth?
Is it nothing but elements taken from earth?
Or was it created from the spirits and souls
Of your ancestors who --- are from times that are old?

Believe as you will, but remember this verse,
When your coffin is placed in the back of the hearse;
The reward that the mind must surely receive
Is that which the mind (Not in the hearse) believes.......The Anointed

In the world of invisible minds, ''If you don't believe, it don't happen.''
Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2024 06:10 pm
@The Anointed,
Well that's the thing, isn't it? You accept that something divine required the blood of dead farm animals before it would forgive people on a temporary basis . . . sort of like a tax! And you believe that I'm stunted in my thinking for not sharing in that characterization of something divine.

You do believe that that was the relationship the god had with humans, correct; forgiveness in exchange for dead animals; that was the arrangement?
The Anointed

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2024 06:44 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Well that's the thing, isn't it? You accept that something divine required the blood of dead farm animals before it would forgive people on a temporary basis . .

No I don't and never have. The body of Adam was sentenced to death, and it will die. Each and everyone of us who are sprouts from that body have sinned and must die the first death and pay the blood price for the sins of our flesh and our spirits=minds then go off into judgement.

But unlike mankind who developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, our Lord and Saviour is 'THE SON OF MAN' the spirit who is still currently developing=evolving within the body of Mankind, He too must pay the death penalty for the sins of the flesh in which he develops and for all those who lived their lives in obedience to their indwelling evolving spirit.

It is HE who takes on the sins of the world.

For this reason, when Christ was about to come into the world, he said to God: “You do not want sacrifices and offerings, but you have prepared a body for me. You are not pleased with animals burnt whole on the altar or with sacrifices to take away sins. Then I said, ‘Here I am, to do your will, O God, just as it is written of me in the book of the Law.’

The man JESUS was the body that God prepared for his SON, who descended in the form of a dove and filled that body with his living spirit.

Does your Atheistic belief, forbid you to believe in the perpetual process of evolution, or do you believe that mankind closes the book to the evolution of life?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 07:42:47