THIS AIN'T NO STEENKIN' CHAT ROOM . . .

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:25 am
I was in Tejas once't, too . . . but it warn't my fault . . . the gummint sent me there . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:30 am
( waves)
hiyya boss! ;-)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:49 am
Setana, I'd answer, but you're not in my clique, or shall I say, "posse."
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:18 am
Compared to the other bulletin board to which I belong, and some of the others that I've considered, this looks like a great place -- for all the reasons already posted.

I haven't posted much, yet, for several reasons. One is workload (damned clients ~ just give me your money and let me do my work!) and the other is that I'm waiting for the adminstration to allow me a name change (don't want confusion with Ticomaya).

My only complaint is the extreme length of some threads. There are several that have made my fingers itch to respond. But it becomes "work" to read through (sometimes) hundreds of pages, no matter how interesting the topic or how lively the discussion. I simply don't have that much time or attention span. Maybe, as I become more comfortable with the venue, I'll just jump in and be damned if I'm repetitious! :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:45 am
Jump in, Tico. We don't know any more about it than you do anyway.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 01:46 pm
Speak fer yerself!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 03:02 pm
I thought he was.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 03:20 pm
He said "WE don't know any more about it than you do anyway."

That's a plural, meaning us.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 03:27 pm
i believe what edgar meant to say was, "nobody, but the smoking rabbit, knows anymore about it than you do"

by the way ms. bunny, mistaken anyone for a shelf today Smile
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 03:31 pm
I dunno nuttin' 'bout that.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 04:08 pm
Re: THIS AIN'T NO STEENKIN' CHAT ROOM . . .
Setanta wrote:
I've visited quite a few online bulletin boards, and posted at several. Of them all, i've come to value this place the most. Some are rather limited in their scope--they are political, or they are restricted to a single interest, or they are regionally focused. Many are impersonal, or worse, cliquish. AFUZZ had its cliques, and it had a huge amount of anonymity, which meant that some people felt left out, and others took the opportunity to flame others with wanton abandon. A lot of people there were concerned with getting stars or green text, and not that focused on the "interaction."

This place is a dump, face it. We got advertisements, we got conservatives who are allowed to express their opinions, we got christians who are allowed to profess their faith. But that really don't get in the way. Among the many sites i've visited, this is the least given-over to cliques and exclusion. This place has the broadest range of discussion i've found anywhere. By and large, the people here are nice folks who take the time and trouble to care about their fellow members.

What do you like best about this site? Obviously, i like the fact that there really is community here, and it is, mostly, non-exclusionary (that's just a caveat in case some do feel excluded--i've not noticed it).

Hell, i'm feelin' expansive and friendly today--i'll even let conservatives answer this question.

Hey I've just found this thread, and reproduce here the first post, and that from the esteemed Setanta.

Even though I gravely distrust any forum which allows me to become a member, I do like the diversity here, and derive a lot of fun from upsetting conservatives, among other pursuits.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 04:23 pm
djjd62 wrote:
by the way ms. bunny, mistaken anyone for a shelf today Smile

Not so far, but I haven't been out yet...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 11:26:32