THIS AIN'T NO STEENKIN' CHAT ROOM . . .

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:22 pm
I've visited quite a few online bulletin boards, and posted at several. Of them all, i've come to value this place the most. Some are rather limited in their scope--they are political, or they are restricted to a single interest, or they are regionally focused. Many are impersonal, or worse, cliquish. AFUZZ had its cliques, and it had a huge amount of anonymity, which meant that some people felt left out, and others took the opportunity to flame others with wanton abandon. A lot of people there were concerned with getting stars or green text, and not that focused on the "interaction."

This place is a dump, face it. We got advertisements, we got conservatives who are allowed to express their opinions, we got christians who are allowed to profess their faith. But that really don't get in the way. Among the many sites i've visited, this is the least given-over to cliques and exclusion. This place has the broadest range of discussion i've found anywhere. By and large, the people here are nice folks who take the time and trouble to care about their fellow members.

What do you like best about this site? Obviously, i like the fact that there really is community here, and it is, mostly, non-exclusionary (that's just a caveat in case some do feel excluded--i've not noticed it).

Hell, i'm feelin' expansive and friendly today--i'll even let conservatives answer this question.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,537 • Replies: 111
No top replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:39 pm
What a dump! - Betty Davis

I enjoy coming here mostly because I enjoy human interaction..... to an extent.

I can leave at any time, come in, talk, remain silent, whatever.

I like the fact I don't know what other look like, or in general their ages, ethnic backgrounds, etc. Just as no one know the same about me.

You can either call me an extroverted introvert, or disinterested/interested third party.

Cliques? I don't know, to be honest, sometimes I forget who is who, I mean squinney, ebrown, ebeth, phoenix, green witch, them especially, I think it's the similar names. when I'm on for a while at any given time, I can tell them apart, but 2 days later, I'm like "which one is which"

I remember somebody seemed to get ticked at me a while back, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. I'm not even sure if they were ticked, or if, well, I don't know.......
See, that would be a problem in the breathing world, here, I can back track if I need to.

That's not an insult, I'm like that with people in general. Drives my husband crazy. "ok I know I'm asking you for the 450th time, but which one is this bob your talking about? The one from the grocery store or the guy that services your car?"

Anyway, I'm glad I found this sight. It was an accident. I haven't been on any other forums, but if as Set says it's more about getting stars or green letters or whatever, that would be pretty boring.

I don't know what I'm talking about.......
later.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:43 pm
You ain't no conservative, air ye?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:43 pm
I'm far from a conservative and I think it's really nice of you to allow them to respond to your thread, Setana. Cool

For the past year and a half, I've come and gone from this place several times. Something always draws me back. I find that when I'm away for a while, I think about many of the posters here. Some even show up in my nightmares...like Gus for instance while others show up in some really hot and sexy dreams, like Kicky for example. I've always found this to be a friendly place and I especially like the way the moderators post and interact on this board.

I post regularly on another board that is based in Baltimore, Maryland. I love that board also. While this board is more liberal in tone and the moderators allow much more free expression than the other board I post on, I feel more of a sense of community on the other board simply because I've met so many of the fine people who post on there. I really wish I could meet some posters here but we all seem to live so far apart.

Do you guys ever have 'able2know' fests???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:47 pm
Oh yeah . . . they've had 'em in California, the southwest (Arizona i think), in Canada, in New York, in London, in Germany . . . folks is just nutty fer that kinda thing. I do believe my Sweetiepie Girl has met the most folks from online . . .
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:49 pm
Setanta wrote:
You ain't no conservative, air ye?

uh, I wouldn't think so......

look, I gotta go or I'll be late for my bible study class.

I promised I'd stop by the christian supply store to pick up more fish for the backs of the true believers cars.

we're going to be passing them out from our side the the pickett line at the gay pride parade.

with any luck, we'll be savin' some souls this saturday.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:51 pm
Tell ol' Hey-Zeus i said Hey !
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:54 pm
It ain't no chat room? Then what the h*ll is it?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:54 pm
I like it because I can say the same thing over and over again and no one says "I know...You tell me that story at least once a week."
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:55 pm
I also found this site by accident and haven't been able to stay away since. I like the broad range of opinion and knowledge. I learn a lot here and I also hone my arguing skills. Because of the level of discussion here, I take more time to investigate things that are in the news. After all, I can't just post something if I don't know what the heck I'm talking about. Ok, well, that doesn't always stop me. We have our rabid partisans, but we also have some very intelligent, deep thinking individuals who are capable of making me rethink or reassess my own opinions.

But that's mostly in politics. I like the other forums too. I like how people open up a lot about what's going on with them. I like how we welcome and include new people. There are some cliques here, but they are only evident in how much some members know about others and not because people are excluded or pushed out.

I don't think I could find this range of intellects and life experiences in the living breathing world -- at least not all in the same place talking to one another.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:56 pm
Ain't that what you said last week . . .

It's an online bulletin board, Acq, at which profound insights into the subtlest nuances of politics and nose-picking are aired in a friendly atmosphere of academic comraderie . . .

Oops, think i'm gonna be ill . . . be ratback . . .
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:59 pm
Setanta wrote:
Oh yeah . . . they've had 'em in California, the southwest (Arizona i think), in Canada, in New York, in London, in Germany . . . folks is just nutty fer that kinda thing. I do believe my Sweetiepie Girl has met the most folks from online . . .

See, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to meet anyone face to face. It would be like setting myself up for disaster.

I wonder why that is?

That's why I've never thrown a party, no one would show up.

you know what I DO hate about A2K though? The way bella just keeps saying the same thing over and over and over.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:01 pm
Crying or Very sad

That's it. I'm taking my wit, humor and downright sexy ass outta here!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:02 pm
You know what I love about A2K? Bella's wit, humor and downright sexy ass.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:03 pm
Man, god sure did not skimp on that derriere, did she?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:15 pm
i love this site because no matter how stupid, immature or down right idiotic i can make my statements in one thread..
I can click to another and act-shoo auly talk like i got me some book learnin..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:19 pm
Did Bella say something new? are the geese still chasing her?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:25 pm
As a right wing Conservative Christian in advertising, I am pleased to accept your offer.

I forget who it was who said a man should never be ashamed to admit he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.

I judge none but myself, and the verdict is guilty. I cannot blame my PR people who suggested I adopt a more caring, cuddly image in an effort to counter my badass persona. Should we all confess our sins to one another we would all laugh together over our lack of originality.

I have tried simply to write the best I can; sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can. There is a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together. May I therefore thank you for your most kind words. However, I find I am unworthy to accept them, for when a person comes to me for advice, I find out the kind of advice they want, and I give it to them.

Our five senses are incomplete without the sixth - a sense of humour. The best sense of humour belongs to those who can laugh at themselves. Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:27 pm
Yeah, at one point a while back, I almost said oh screw it, I'm not going to come back here.
I had been talking about something and was informed that I wasn't showing consideration or compassion to someone.

It really made me feel bad.

I tried to "behave" for a while

Then I thought, hey, I'm not here to be someone else ideal of what a person should be like.......If you like me, I'd be happy to know it. If you don't like me, don't respond.

I'm well educated, and when I want to can write fairly well, but sometimes you just want to say it right out.

That's why I avoid certain forums.....I've learned that there's no such thing as just stating something that should be pretty obvious in its meaning.
Everything starts a fight, and if you don't have a thesauras on hand, forget it.
It those same forums that you state something, and within one or two posts someone responds back to you as if you had stated the opposite.
It doesn't take a genius to know when you're being jerked around.

so, I try not to go there, although sometimes I can't resist because it'll be about something I'd really like to know. Except that you find the pumphouse gang (gee, I guess there are some clicks here) is busy twisting it all up.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:27 pm
You people make my ass twitch.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THIS AIN'T NO STEENKIN' CHAT ROOM . . .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 11:14:38