The Future - breakthrough!

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:25 pm
Scientists working at the Los Alamos Institute for the Advancement of Mankind have recently put out some astounding data concerning the future of mankind:

"We have proven from advanced statistics and computer modelling techniques that the future for Mankind will be beyond our wildest expectations. Man will become immeasurably happier and his life dominated by increased intelligence and marked advances in all sensory and emotional capabilities. Dysfunctional behaviours will be succesfully eliminated and irrational impulses will gradually vanish from society. There is one caveat, that the public trust us, and support and encourage science research and use our breakthroughs that are now appearing yearly at an exponential rate. Only through this faith in us can we help Mankind leave behind its fears and dysfunctions and advance into superlativity."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 877 • Replies: 4
No top replies

spendius

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:44 pm
Managed happiness eh?

Didn't Woody Allen do it?

Has deviance no function?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:03 pm
Your source?

Googling gives no information on the Los Alamos Institute for the Advancement of Mankind

Hoax?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:14 pm
Quote:
"We have proven from advanced statistics and computer modelling techniques that the future for Mankind will be beyond our wildest expectations.

It sounds as though John was having a bit of fun here.

In any case...any scientist who tells you he/she has "proven" something about the future...should be taken with more than just a few grains of salt.
0 Replies

List0ric

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:12 am
So, what the article tells me - whether it's true or not - is that, IF I use all of the newest scientific releases I'd be a better person. so what does it make me? half a f*cking robot? I am happy with what I am and who I am, freedom of speech, and everything around me, the world needs some changes, yes, thats true. But I believe we shouldn't be able to change the way we are if we can't do it right now, just by thinking clearly.
0 Replies