Would you forgive your spouse after he/she forget about you like this ?

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 05:28 am
me and my wife have been married for 3 years. Me and my wife get along great overall but recently she gave me grief for not trusting her with anything. Me as a person, I am very self reliant and I never ask my wife for anything big or small and pretty much never confide In her because I hate being vulnerable as a man. But I got a couple of good reasons for not relying on my wife. 4 months ago, my car needed to have it's clutch replaced so it was at the shop and it was there for a week and a half because the parts were not available so I did not have my own car at the time. My wife works from home sometimes and she said I could use her car if I wanted to but I said no because I don't like using stuff that doesn't belong to me so I pulled my big boy pants up, sucked it up and used public transport. The commute to work was longer but why should I complain. I am a man, I have to deal with it without complaining. . But my wife insisted one day that she would pick me up from work. I said no I do not need her to do that but she insisted so I rolled my eyes and accepted it. So after work I was waiting on her but she never showed up. I called her but she never answered and I was pissed. Especially because the bus came and left and there wouldn't be another bus until 30 minutes later. Out of pure luck, a long time best friend of mine happened to be driving by the area in saw me. He pulled over, rolled down his window and told me to get in. I got in and he asked me what the hell I was doing standing there. I explained everything to him and he told me that if I he was me he would divorce my wife and it's messed up. You don't offer service to someone and then forget.

I got home and guess what, my wife was asleep on the couch. I yelled at her Hello !!!! She woke up and panicked and realized her stupidity. I sarcastically told her: thank you very much for picking me up at work and not leaving me stranded in the freezing cold like a homeless dog. You are such a supportive wife. I appreciate you a lot. Thank you very much. She then tried to apologize but I shut her up and said: no I do not wanna hear it. And then I took a shower and slept in the guest room. It took awhile for me to get over it. She apologized again and to get over with I accepted her apology even tho deep down she probably doesn't mean it. She wanted to make it up by picking me up from work everyday and not forgetting but I told her NO. She tried to make a promise that she won't forget but I laughed at her.

Recently she gave me grief for being overly independent. In about 2 weeks from now, my mother will be admitted into the local hospital on Monday for a major surgery (not gonna say what surgery because it's personal) but on that very same day, I will be at work and me and my coworkers will have an important meeting that unfortunately I can't afford to miss so I won't be able to take the day off to take her to the hospital. Note: my mother and father are divorced so she lives alone. And my other brothers will also be very busy. So I called my long time best friend and he immediately said: no problems mate. I'll be there. My wife then told me that she can take her day off to take my mother at the hospital but I laughed at her and said: yeah ok. On the day that you are supposed to take her the hospital, you'll sleep In and forget to wake up and she will be left standing in front of her house. You not gonna do my mother dirty just like you did me. That is a NO NO. you disrespecting me one thing but the thought of you doing my own mother dirty makes me sick to my stomach. My wife got pissed and told me that I am still holding that against her and she is sincerely sorry for what she did and I need to let go of the grudge. What the hell is her problem? How would you deal with this situation ?

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 06:54 am
@Braddiesel,
You should ask yourself if you're actually marriage material if you think you're an island and can do everything yourself.

I like an independent person as much as any one else, but what you're doing isn't independent, it's selfish behavior and really, downright mean. Asking for help isn't a vulnerable action, it's a mark of strength to allow yourself to rely on someone else.

In this case with the vehicle situation, come on, that's just childish and bizarre that sharing a car with your spouse is a no-go. We'll skip the part where she works from home so transportation would have been available while yours was getting repaired, and go straight to the part where your anger and hurt overfilled you and you got nasty, yes, nasty about it.

What's that all about? To show how "independent" you are by purposefully throwing verbal jabs and lording a mistake over her head? Is this how you expect your marriage to go, a constant battle of wills to determine who caused what strife and when? To let someone be aware that they'll NEVER meet standards, real or perceived?

That's too much. Really, just too much to ask for anyone to live up to. People make mistakes. Even YOU. But, hey don't take my word for it, trust the fact that she'll get tired of always being wrong, accused of being untrustworthy and a constant let-down to you.

Yes, she'll figure it out, more quicker than not, you're just not meant to be in a relationship with anybody but yourself.
Braddiesel

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 07:24 am
@neptuneblue,
If she was really trust worthy, she would not let me down like this. And it's a good thing to be independent. I try to be as self reliant as possible. About the car, I don't like driving cars that aren't mine. If I drive a car, it has to be in my name.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 08:19 am
@Braddiesel,
Here's the thing... Your definition of trustworthy needs a little work. Ok, A LOT of work. Yes, it was disappointing to have been left at work, but your reaction is extreme and uncalled for. To have been cajoled at, made to feel unimportant, that her efforts are not and will not ever be appreciated isn't how a successful marriage is built.

You seen to be quite satisfied and joyous over the fact you can make her feel like ****. And you'll keep doing it just because you think you can. Well. maybe you can but you SHOULDN'T. That's an abusive type of behavior.

Are you sure you want to be married?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 08:40 am
@Braddiesel,
Christ on a crutch you went to the nuclear option for something that was truly minor in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, and you've left something important out of your little drama.

Did you bother, oh, I dunno, calling your wife to see where she was? Or was she expected to just somehow figure it out (and if she'd been late due to traffic, would you have yelled then, too?)? And if you had gotten her on the phone, what would you have done then? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts you would have yelled at her then, too.

Because if that's your go-to for small things, Mr. Perfect, then what do you do if she gets in a car accident or burns dinner or does the taxes wrong?

You seem to think that behaving like an asshole is a dandy way to treat your spouse. I'm sure when you have to split property and visitation that you'll pat yourself on the back for being macho enough to yell at someone for <checks notes> falling asleep.

jespah

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 08:42 am
PS I bet you and this dude would enjoy throwing back a few beers together and bitching about how women's minor infractions are major threats to your manhood.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 11:12 am
@Braddiesel,
Why do you hate your wife?
0 Replies

Braddiesel

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 11:32 am
@jespah,
I wanted to go home by myself by public transport but she insisted on picking me up. This is the thing that pissed me off. She offered help, I said no like always but she insisted but she forget about me. It would've been better if she just let me handle myself and be independent as always. This is why it's better to be self reliant. You can't rely on a woman to have your back. I prefer supporting myself. I feel dump for trusting her that one time. At least I know that she cannot be trusted so I rely on myself only.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 01:28 pm
@Braddiesel,
You sound like a party and a half.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 03:15 pm
You lost me after your second me and my wife. How about "My wife and myself"? Or "My wife and I"?

You sound like a miserable person with low regard for your wife, which she doesn't seem like she's earned. Grow up.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2023 04:43 pm
@Braddiesel,
You do have a reason to be disappointed but it's not worth the vitriol you're espousing. You will not allow an apology to be sufficient nor will you allow her to be able to trust you with her well being. That is troublesome and it's a character flaw on your part.

To state "You can't rely on a woman to have your back." shows a lack of judgement, maturity and confidence an independent person would exhibit.

I've noticed you've refused to answer if you're wanting to stay/be married. Silence on your part is a deafening, resounding NO.

Care to explain how the circumstances led up to someone wanting to spend their life with you?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2023 07:40 pm
@Braddiesel,
Gheez, I would divorce your sorry ass in a heartbeat!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2023 01:49 am
@Braddiesel,
You’ve even started your post the same way as Vintagexx666. That’s because you’re the same person. Why bother? You don’t listen to advice given so why come with the same symptoms or issue and not heed the advice?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2023 02:05 pm
Looks like it. https://able2know.org/topic/570391-1

He always names himself first - one of my pet peeves. The donkey always names himself first. Evil or Very Mad
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2023 02:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Nice find!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Would you forgive your spouse after he/she forget about you like this ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:42:35