Is Satan Real?

fdrhs

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:13 am
Jesus taught that Satan is a real being. He is a spirit NOT a physical being. PHYSICAL EYES CANNOT see the spirit world. Is Jesus a liar?
If so, should we trust Jesus and the His word, the Bible?
I say that satan is VERY REAL. The greatest deception that satan or the devil ever made is to convince the world that he does not exist.
Is this clever or what? If I can prove that water does not exist, I would be considered SUPER SMART. I am far from being smart but thank God for common sense. I know that satan is responsible for all the evil in the world. What is your view?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 800 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:15 am
fdrhs wrote:
What is your view?

That there is no depth of absurdity to which the deluded will not sink in the attempt to demonstrate their absurd theses.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:17 am
Satan is a fallen angel, cast down from heaven for wanting to be as "important" and powerful as God. He cannot walk among us. He cannot make us do things. People are responsible for all the evil in the world because God gave us free will. So, if you believe that Satan causes all bad things, you must believe that it is due to free will that we choose to do those bad things (influence from the devil) and since free will is God given, you must believe God is responsible for all the evil in the world.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:21 am
Satan, Jesus, the Easter Bunny, Santa, the Tooth Fairy...they're ALL real.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:32 am
If an omniscient God created Satan knowing that he would inevitably rebel and cause all of the evil in the world, then God is ultimately responsible.

God could have endowed Satan with a good character and conscience, provided psychiatric counseling so that he would not feel a need to rebel, or simply not have behaved in such an autocratic way that many angels saw no potion but revolution.

God could have ameliorated the evil allegedly caused by Satan. God could have wiped out the virulent diseases that plague mankind, or better yet, not created them in the first place. God could have done a lot of things to alleviate the pain and misery suffered by innocent children and animals in this world, but fails to do so.

Any way you look at it, the God and other mythical characters portrayed in the Bible could not logically exist. I am continually amazed that so many people still believe in it.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:33 am
I think this article is quite useful for helping inform people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

Personally, I think of Satan more as a job title than anything else.
0 Replies

Maradona

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 11:03 pm
for yin there is a yang, for Positive there is a negative, for sky there is ground, everything has a opposite so if god were to exist then i believe satan would too
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 03:09 am
You ask if Jesus is a liar. Fancy that. Has it ever occured to you that you might be too full of foolish notions to understand what he really meant? Most religious people are, in my experience. Satan is not real as an entity.

Setanta wrote:
Quote:
That there is no depth of absurdity to which the deluded will not sink in the attempt to demonstrate their absurd theses.

Well put, but I'd like to modify your statement a bit if you don't mind.

...that there is no depth of absurdity to wich the deluded will not sink in the attempt to maintain their illutions of innocence and righteousness.

Why is it that every time something good happens people take the credit and say: "Well, I worked very hard to earn this, and bla bla bla...", and every time something goes wrong the same people have thousands of excuses. The road to hell is paved with excuses.

If you want to take credit for your achievments, you must also take credit for your errors. Until you do that I will not respect you as a human. Remember that all humans are animals, but not all animals are humans. Humanity is not given, you have to earn it.
0 Replies

djbt

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 03:29 am
Yes, Satan is real, and he owes Farmerman a few pints for doing his work in the Evolution thread.
0 Replies

Gia

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 04:46 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Satan, Jesus, the Easter Bunny, Santa, the Tooth Fairy...they're ALL real.

Ah-ha...I knew it. A quasi-friend of a friend's very HOT Ex is *not* on that little list. MUAHhahahaaaaa!!!Now he's free bait for ME Twisted Evil to steal his soul.

~BTW, here's some Brain Candy: a World Religions professor once postulated that the different faces of Buddha, Allah, Jesus, Yaweh, etc. were really just the same person reincarnated throughout time and teaching the same truths in a physical form/language that could be accessible to a region's people. These teachers were normal ordinary people and not superhuman gods--just higher up on the karmic food chain of cool stuff one gets to do with one's life (a.k.a. one's "Mission" or "Job"). The spiritual teacher/guide/guru would appear in reincarnated form when the people of a particular land were *ready* to receive the teachings & at an Appropriate Time in History.

Perhaps one concept of Satan is S/He or It is also just this ordinary human being and a teacher of sorts travelling throughout time and walking amongst us. Or maybe Satan is pluralized either by a twin or sextuplet or by cloning of mutated genes--which would be quite an interesting take given this Appropriate Time in History.

Rolling Eyes Drunk
0 Replies